Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NSKK chained dagger

Article about: Hello guys, i bought this rcently and thought worth sharing, as some of you know ive been looing for one for a long time, this one i fell in love with hope you like it a little spidering on

Default NSKK chained dagger

Hello guys, i bought this rcently and thought worth sharing, as some of you know ive been looing for one for a long time, this one i fell in love with hope you like it a little spidering on the scabbard and a couple of dirty marks on the blade but the rest of the dagger is almost mint,
    thanks for looking,
    cheers Ronnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK chained dagger   NSKK chained dagger  

NSKK chained dagger   NSKK chained dagger  

NSKK chained dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK chained dagger
    P
    Many

That is very nice Ronnie.

Steve

Could we see close ups of the markings on the reverse upper links and the blade, please.

?

Hi Ronnie,

at first sight it looks promising, but like Gastvrijheid i would like to see the RZM and NSKK markings on the links.
    What disturbs me a bit is the total loss of any wear, has the chain been replated?
    This type should show loss of plating and wear on the inside of the connector links and horseshoe link holes and inside top clip.
    I cant find any of them, could be the pictures?

Regards
    Ger

The 1st photo when magnified seems to show plate loss but Beneath the present coating. I would have to agree and say that this chain was replated at one time. I would have to also wonder why it was not first stripped before refinishing. Unusual!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Cheers guys off to work now but i will better later when i get back
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK chained dagger   NSKK chained dagger  

NSKK chained dagger  

Hi Ronnie who is the producer ? Cheers Larry

Photo please
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry maker is Emil Voos, here are some more photos as requested, some spidering to scabbard
    cheers Ronnie

NSKK chained dagger  
    Last edited by 85ronnies; 03-23-2016 at 08:15 AM.

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Hi Ronnie,

at first sight it looks promising, but like Gastvrijheid i would like to see the RZM and NSKK markings on the links.
    What disturbs me a bit is the total loss of any wear, has the chain been replated?
    This type should show loss of plating and wear on the inside of the connector links and horseshoe link holes and inside top clip.
    I cant find any of them, could be the pictures?

Regards
    Ger
    Hi Ger, here is one that dosent seem to worn, i have borrowed the pictures from the Ruptured Duck site, do you think mine has been "replated" there seems to be some "lifted plating on this one on the back of the chain?
    thanks for the comments

?

Hi Ronnie, this type chrom easily flakes, this is well visible on the Rupered chain, especially around the horseshoe ( second link below next to scabbard and the upper links as well.
    What also strikes is the fact that the surface of the Duck chain is totally smooth, as it should be.

Looking at your upper links it looks like if there is some residu beneath the surface, that can be an indicater for a re-plating.
    There has to be kept in mind that wrong angle in combination with light and surface wear can give strange effects on pictures.
    You can see the upperlink ring on the left has plate loss as it should have, but if you look to the top link on the right it seems to have plating with residu beneath, that doesnt look right to me.
    I cant be to sure about my opinion, as this is one of those things that needs an in hand examination.

Regards
    Ger

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast