Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSKK Chained Leaders dagger

Article about: enjoy !

?

Default NSKK Chained Leaders dagger

enjoy !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK Chained Leaders dagger   NSKK Chained Leaders dagger  

NSKK Chained Leaders dagger   NSKK Chained Leaders dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK Chained Leaders dagger
    P
    Many

Although I have no current issues with the dagger itself..from what the photo portrays...but the chain..is not consistent with what had been approved by the SA leadership. Below are common configuration photos of an NSKK Chain. ( Photo credit Moderator Horst )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK Chained Leaders dagger  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Kewo, I don't collect SA daggers anymore, but ive had a few and I can only echo Larrys thoughts with the chain. The brass wire links I have never seen or the link pattern? The high ridge on the blade is a concern too. Also its not in the middle on one picture... im sorry but I think its fake.
    Strangely the dagger itself has nickel fittings, but I could swear nskk leaders were all RZM daggers with plated fittings?
    Im sorry to break it to you but in my mind this dagger doesn't stack up. The grip and guards are ok (but from an early 33'), the rest is bad imo.
    cheers matty

?

Its a 4 year old post
    The grip and guards with nut are looking fine, the rest is bogus ( Mac66 would say )

Cheers,
    Ger

?

Default well it was sold as a real.

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Its a 4 year old post
    The grip and guards with nut are looking fine, the rest is bogus ( Mac66 would say )

Cheers,
    Ger

Hello! there has been alot of controversy regarding the dagger. It was finnaly sold for 24 000 NOK . It seemed this was a one of a kind peace and later valiued to be worh far mor that the owner got. There are several serius collectors in Norway. And it was checked by British and american dagger "experts" .. They estimated value to 9000 punds plus+

Well - Im out of the bis - I made my share and losses... i think it is not worth the problem - Always the "is it real or not" can i handle this - can i keep it do i want it.. .. i ended up buying a LOt of medals.. Of course the most expensive ones was checked as fakes.. But alot where good ones - also the Tax of sending to Canada and back was its own expence with the "checking/verifying" I could svear many more where real ones.- .. also baught several "good" items from serius collectors , being fakes.. And im talking about long time collectors with theyr own museums and great conections.. .. well that was a short story of my little adventure trying the Norwegian and international marked.... have a nice one folk

?

Hi Kewo,

i dont know who call themselves experts when valuationg this dagger als genuine.
    The blade is a fake etched damast blade thats currently for sale for less then 100 euro, and can easily found on ebay for sale (Tzech)
    I hope it was indeed a one of a kind and an expert as Snyder would sell this as genuine.
    But having an early grip with guards and Gau marking, a fake "new" blade, will not give much hope for the chain.
    Being made as a representation dagger its quality standards would be very high, even if it would be a later dagger ( which is not being a 1933-1936 guard/grip)
    The typical color of the chains, being artifical acid aged makes this fake complete.
    I have no doubt this is a complete fake.

Believe whatever you want, IMO its a complete fake.

Cheers,
    Ger

I think an inhand inspection would of revealed alot. One needs to be careful before jumping to conclusions..if a dagger type that has never been encountered before..is called fake. ( No disrespect Gerrit only the horribly obvious..would one be able to be comfortable enough to call its authenticity into account. I still stand by my statement above...and if Kewos dagger was still available...I would then challenge it for better detailed photos. There is a possibility..the blade is artificial damascus..and the raised lettering I have seen a silvered example in Wittmanns collection many years ago.
    (Side note: Max Amann`s SS sword had raised silver lettering.. although not pertinent to this thread but the silver lettering has been used.)
    The chain I am still not too fond of...and no other period examples of this chain type have ever surfaced. The chain is a hard sell for me. I would not even call this a prototype chain nor was IMO something the NSKK man made and added on to his daggerthat the SA would of approved. JMO.

Even more rarer..is Kewos reappearance since his last post in 2011. What drew you back out..to this site..have you been a spider on the wall? Just curious.
    There have been artificial damascus examples seen on SA daggers and some excellent damascus examples in Jason Burmeisters collection if anyone had the pleasure of viewing some of his collection at some of the past shows. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Seeing as how this piece has been sold and vanished 4 years ago, it's all pretty much irrelevant at this point. Personally, I do not feel comfortable with it. The chain is not standard and the brass link loops are the only such examples that I have ever seen before. The fake Damascus steel blade is hardly what I would have expected to see on an apparently high ranking owner's dagger-especially not with any further ornamentation of the guards or sheath fittings. The guards with the SA Group mark on the lower one also do not add up and the grip eagle is not the high-neck seen on most honor daggers. Unfortunately, the rear side of the blade is not shown, as I would much have liked to see the maker mark area. I have to agree with Matty on this one-I think this is a put together piece with some genuine and some fabricated parts. I think somewhere there is a $4K US fake dagger sitting proudly on a shelf in display. Sadly, there will always be those who feel that if they spend a Lot of money for something then it Must be genuine...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

as usual Np Larry i like more and other opinions, that makes a forum "Alive"

more to consider: the chained honour daggers with swastika chains all have outside eyelids for the links, not the standard NSKK chain type.
    And what bothers me even more is following: the rzm marked chain is one with an eagle on it.
    If that one is RZM proofed and marked there should be dozens known all over the collectors forums.
    And i cant find another matching piece how hard i search.
    IMO there cannot be only 1 RZM proofed chainlink.

but as i already stated all is: IMO

Cheers,
    Ger

I just dug into this a little more..this supposed NSKK chain that was approved by high end dealers and collectors..is nothing more than a few links that came off of a political gorget. ( photos below )
    The RZM stamping I would of liked to seen as these Gorget chains were RZM stamped.

This is not a sanctioned Chained example..but an overall put together parted dagger. Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK Chained Leaders dagger   NSKK Chained Leaders dagger  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast