Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSKK dagger with Ns markings

Article about: Hi, I am new this forum after being directed with questions about my dagger.I was wondering (hoping) that someone with a little more knowledge than me could help direct me in the right direc

Pandarage
    ?

Default NSKK dagger with Ns markings

Hi,
    I am new this forum after being directed with questions about my dagger.I was wondering (hoping) that someone with a little more knowledge than me could help direct me in the right direction.
    I have done my own research into my dagger and its history to no prevail. I have seen that Ns can either stand for Nordsee or Niedersachsen? I bought this dagger in Greece and as far as i am aware ii is real. But again would like to know from more experienced people.
    There are some picture underneath for you to see. The metal is corroded, but i realise it is a late edition too the war when steel was alot scarcer. However i love it and it is my first ever purchase of memorabilia.

Thank you,
    Tommy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK dagger with Ns markings   NSKK dagger with Ns markings  

NSKK dagger with Ns markings   NSKK dagger with Ns markings  

NSKK dagger with Ns markings  

2. # ADS

Default re: NSKK dagger with Ns markings

hi tommy,
    welcome to the forum!
    the dagger looks original to me but better pictures would help a lot.
    is the dagger rmz marked? if so please take some pictures of the maker mark and the etching on the blade.
    shame of the pitting, but for the looks of it nice original nskk dagger(black scabbard means nskk).

greetings
    eddy

Pandarage
    ?

ill get some better pictures there are no etchings which made me worry as to its authenticity. Thank you for your reply.

Tom

Thats a real NSKK dagger in fair condiction not all of them were Rzm marked and welcome to the forum. ERIC

Default Re: NSKK dagger with Ns markings

Hi Tommy, welcome to the forum!

The dagger has been made up from parts. While these are original themselves, the mix and poor fit is the giveaway here. The top crossguard appears to be a later plated zinc type, while the bottom one is an earlier solid nickle type. The lower one is also strange as it is stamped with SA Gruppe markings to both sides and these are different too. Most odd. See my pinned list at the top of the forum.

The very poor fit of the grip to the lower crossguard is another giveaway. The shoulders of the wood should glently curve to the crossguard. This one finishes with a straight side which is incorrect.

Cheers, Ade.

R.R
    ?

Default Re: NSKK dagger with Ns markings

I agree with Adrian, it's a parts dagger and seems too me the grip is a poor reproduction. The shape is very incorrect and the SA button was applied in wrong position. The lower crossguard is autentic and was only Neiderschsen SA Gruppe marked in one side, but it was inverted mounted. The blade is in very poor shape.

Regards,

Ricardo