MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

NSKK Dagger, Is RZM 807/37 code a postwar souvenir or genuine?

Article about: I have a chance to buy 3 Daggers for a good price, but one is RZM 807/37 and I was curious about that code since I've never seen it before. Any ideas? Here are some pics of all three. Also h

?

Default NSKK Dagger, Is RZM 807/37 code a postwar souvenir or genuine?

I have a chance to buy 3 Daggers for a good price, but one is RZM 807/37 and I was curious about that code since I've never seen it before. Any ideas? Here are some pics of all three. Also have a look at the position of the blade motto on the center dagger. It's higher up on the blade than the other two.NSKK Dagger, Is RZM 807/37 code a postwar souvenir or genuine?NSKK Dagger, Is RZM 807/37 code a postwar souvenir or genuine?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK Dagger, Is RZM 807/37 code a postwar souvenir or genuine?
    P
    Many

Hi GiJoe..welcome to the forum..any chance on a photo of the RZM code? ....and also the other codes on the daggers shown above. The codes or producers logos also may explain why 2 of the daggers are a poor fit. You may want to hold onto your money..before buying what appears to be parted together daggers. A few extra photos please ! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I'll try for some better photos, but I'm 99% sure it's a fake. Tried to discuss it with the gentleman and explain what I have noticed. He went online to germandressdaggers.com I think and was quoting the list on makers they had. There is a RZM 807/37, but it's SS of course. He is convinced it is genuine despite the blade motto being too far from the guard, this is obvious in the photos alongside the other 2, the SA emblem is too close to the pommel, again obvious compared to the others. The eagle appears to have been removed and replaced with what looks like an original. He has several other daggers, Army and 2nd model Luftwaffe. Some look good at a quick glance but one of the Army daggers has "GERMANY" stamped on the blade. I don't really think he knows he has some definite fakes mixed in with genuine. He probably bought them all thinking they were genuine himself. But his collection sure needs going thru. I appreciate all of the input, it's good to have other, more informed, opinions. Thanks, GIJOE

Hi Joe...Im also seeing the blade in the center photo..having the motto quite far away from the lower crossguard...which should be in the ball park of about 25mm..give or take a few milimeters...the motto on the center blade is extremely far away and I would have to lean towards that being a repro blade...more pics please when you get them.

Daggers stamped with Germany did not happen during the TR period.
    You are correct in the RZM 807/37 being an SS producer that is presently unknown...again photos are needed.

You came to the right place to discuss your daggers..among the other collectors including myself. We will tell you exactly what you have.....what time period it was produced within the Third Reich period..and if it is a just after the war repro..or a recent one. Let us know. Looking forward to the pics when you get them. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

807/37 IMHO is for sure not a pre-1945 made SA dagger.