Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NSKK Dienstdolch, Daniel Peres, Solingen

Article about: Hi all. I am looking for information about this NSKK dagger as it is out of my normal area. I have tried to search for the maker but have only been able to find them as makers of the SS dien

Default NSKK Dienstdolch, Daniel Peres, Solingen

Hi all. I am looking for information about this NSKK dagger as it is out of my normal area. I have tried to search for the maker but have only been able to find them as makers of the SS dienstdolch. When would this maker mark roughly date the dagger to? Also, what is the significance of the small letters on the cross guard, they look like No or Na? Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK Dienstdolch, Daniel Peres, Solingen   NSKK Dienstdolch, Daniel Peres, Solingen  

NSKK Dienstdolch, Daniel Peres, Solingen   NSKK Dienstdolch, Daniel Peres, Solingen  

NSKK Dienstdolch, Daniel Peres, Solingen   NSKK Dienstdolch, Daniel Peres, Solingen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK Dienstdolch, Daniel Peres, Solingen
    P
    Many

Hi Spitace41

Never seen this maker mark before so I'm just dived in the books for some information.

I have found it and it is a very rare makers mark for SA/NSKK daggers Daniel Peres has about 3000 daggers made and its a 8 in the range from 1 to 10 where 10 is the most rarest.

The No stemp you see that is the gruppe mark, that is where the dagger is issued, No is the abbreviation of Nordsee. and that gruppe mark match with maker Daniel Peres.

I like the dagger I don't see any strange things everything looks original and uncleaned and is in a very good condition.

Regards Rafael

Great dagger and a very tight fit
    Love the crossgrain which there is alot !!

Daniel Peres soley made SA daggers and nothing else Third Reich Related.
    Yet they were established in 1792 and have 11 logo variants ..the last variant the one widely seen on Early SA daggers.

Well done and a very Nice find from a not so easily found producer. Congrats

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

An early and rarely seen SA indeed. Very nice to see and it's condition is excellent as well. It would likely date to sometime around 1933-35.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you all very much for your comments. It has helped a lot. I have noticed some condition issues, like the dent in the crossguard and the fact that the tip of the scabbard has a dent in it, possibly from being dropped? Do such issues significantly damage the dagger's desirability?

No it does not. Its more if you can live with it. Big issues are more mixed parts or polished blade.
    Every dagger has in a certain condition and this one is not Minty and that must be reflected in the asking price.

I like this dagger and it looks very desirible for many collectors.

Regards Rafael

Thanks. I don't really know much about collecting German daggers but when I have looked on dealer's sites etc they make a big deal about every little blemish it seems. Personally it does not bother me but just good to know that its nothing to worry about.

Without those bumps , dings , blemishes or a few scratches..it would of never been owned and would be mint. Nothing wrong with mint..if thats what collectors desire..but mint can mean 2 things.

1. never issued
    2. Issued never worn at all.
    .............but
    3. But to a party rally..or walking the streets and living a daily life inside Nazi Germany?

I choose door number 3 always....although #1 & 2 are great pieces of history..but ownership shows more character with those little discrepancies I outlined above.
    To each their own in collecting and no decision is wrong when collecting by condition and desirability ...... personal preference is seeing one of these that has been there ..being worn and standing next to or within eyeshot of heinous individuals.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Love the ding/dent in the cross guard/grip. That's a pretty hard knock it took. Makes you wonder how/when it happened.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Love the ding/dent in the cross guard/grip. That's a pretty hard knock it took. Makes you wonder how/when it happened.
    Alas, its lost to history but its fun to speculate.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast