Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

nskk ERH Reich dagger

Article about: Good Morning from the great state of Alabama USA!!!!!!!, I know that you don't know me But I feel that I know you. This site is the first I go to every morning and the last at night. Great i

Default nskk ERH Reich dagger

Good Morning from the great state of Alabama USA!!!!!!!, I know that you don't know me But I feel that I know you. This site is the first I go to every morning and the last at night. Great info here and I have learned ALOT.I've been collecting ww2 items for 5 years and have an ad in the local paper looking for items I got a call from a gentleman who has 2 daggers for sale. I've got them in hand Sorry no pictures Will try to post The one dagger sa/nskk has the maker of ERH reich, I know it is an early piece but I can not find any information that the firm made nskk daggers the scabbard is black. Any ideas? thanks marty Grandson of a ww2 vet 644th td

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement nskk ERH Reich dagger
    P
    Many

Default Re: nskk ERH Reich dagger

Hello Tank Destroyer...welcome to the forum although you have been here a year At the moment I am out of town but if you aan wait another day..I can give you some details on the Producer,, Ehr. Reich Schweina . Yes for sure it is an early SA maker and I do not have my rarity list in front of me,,but one of the other members could at least find that for you. It does sound familiar to be on the higher end of the scale being rare..I will guess 8 or 9 on the scale..someone else help me out!! I will dig into if they made NSKK daggers and let you know exactly if anything else this company produced other than SA daggers.
    It is hard to say exactly what type of scabbard it is..it could be either early or late period fittings,,,just because it is black does not mean anything ......Need photos to see this.
    This is where I have no choice to stop..as photos at this point would help this thread to continue on. When you get a chance please post in separate threads as these daggers are not the same. Best regards Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images nskk ERH Reich dagger 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry, Thank you for your help. I know how important photos are to any post. For the chance to learn more, but most of all we LOVE to see pictures. I'm still at work, don't tell anyone HAha!!!!14 to 16 hr days. I will post photos as soon as I can. The best members are here! Thanks, Marty

Welcome to the Forum, Marty! We will definitely be waiting to see the coming photos!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Welcome here

to quote larry:
    "It does sound familiar to be on the higher end of the scale being rare..I will guess 8 or 9 on the scale..someone else help me out!! "

it

Erhardt Reich produced a 1000 SA daggers, rarity scale R.Siegert is 9
    a 9 or a 10 for me is the same, when there are 1000 or less produced by a maker its pretty oncommen to find one.

I would like to see the pics of the dagger with its scabbard.
    If the fit from the lower crossguard to the throat of the scabbard, AND the throat fits the upper fitting of the scabbard, now that would be a good indication that they belong together.

Then we have to determen if the scabbrard has the Original black paint, or that the owner painted it himself when he left the SA and joined the NSKK

Cheers,
    Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post

Erhardt Reich produced a 1000 SA daggers, rarity scale R.Siegert is 9
    a 9 or a 10 for me is the same, when there are 1000 or less produced by a maker its pretty uncommen to find one.
    The 1000 daggers produced is a common error by collectors..as the 1000 is based on sighting only......1 in 1000 has been seen which we do not know the total number produced... but by,, as a rule of measure. The numbers vary with larger producers. Prior to Ralf Siegerts Reference those larger producers..rated at 5..6..and 7..have also become like 9 and 10 in this days standard. We just dont see too many of the mid range producers like we used to. Theses "1000 made numbers" are based on sightings only which was how the McSaar list was formulated. We actually do not know unless some positive proof surfaces for the " Cottage makers".. but will remain unknown and considered rare.
    When the Allies rolled in much production documentation was liberated from the larger companys...but as for the smaller makers...hard to prove as most companies in Russian controlled eastern Germany..were rolled over like a steamroller taking everything not nailed down...and eventually the nails too.
    To This day I am still seeking a Peter Lungstrass early SA....these have all but disappeared and are deemed I believe a 6 on the scale.

@ Marty.... I believe any SA dagger anymore IMO from a 6-10 scale are a treasure to be found. The 8, 9 and 10s are the diamond on top. Nice to have one of these in that scale for the SA type collector. The craftmanship is all heart and soul with the smaller makers. Looking forward to the pics as soon as you can. It would help greatly to this thread and to the reference of the subject for future readers.

I would encourage you to read through our SA forum and take special note to some of Gerrits outstanding mint examples of rare SA producers. You will forget you are married or have a girl friend..as the beauty and preservation after 80 years has not changed. I will stop here as I do not want to go any further and get in trouble with our female members here on the forum. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Ok guys, Here is the problem long hours at work can't get the photo's at the moment. I KNOW PICTURES ARE A MUST!!!!!! Don't beat me over the head please thank you. I have to give the guy a price for the piece. the blade in my uneducated opinion is a 3 out 4. Scabbard all black no paint missing BUT the bottom tip piece is gone was told it was brought home that way ???? screw holes on side. OK everyone stop beating your desk and #$^&* me. As sponge bob would say "use your imagination" for the moment . would $250-300 be ok price. He told me he thinks it to be worth $400-500. oh the wood is good one very small chip top left corner. metal is nickel/silver. I know it's like buying a car sight unseen. Marty

GOOD NEWS maybe, I have such a great wife and son(11yrs) they are going to attempt to take pictures for me today of the sa/nskk and of the alcoso luftwaffe dagger 2nd pattern. revise I think the erh blade is more of a 3.25/4 not 3 out of 4

Excellent we are looking forward to them...thanks Marty.... Regards Larry

Hi Marty Thanks for your patience!!...I researched the maker Ehrhardt Reich which did not turn up much in my reference library.
    Information has this producer soley making SA daggers....BUT..it is possible that the SA mann transfered into the NSKK and had painted his scabbard black according to orders. A,,.... 1/1000 occurrence sighting has been noted..which since this publication a few more have arisen,,,with your being one of them. Close up photos of the scabbard paint would be beneficial to see.

I do have one question..what is the gruppe mark on the lower reverse crossguard? Regards Larry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast