Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

NSKK Gottfried Müller twisted maker logo

Article about: Hi all, my name is Cor, new here and often read on this forum. Now, however, I have a question. Have you ever seen a twisted maker logo on a SA or NSKK dagger? I will try to post some pictur

Cor
    ?

Default NSKK Gottfried Müller twisted maker logo

Hi all, my name is Cor, new here and often read on this forum.
    Now, however, I have a question.
    Have you ever seen a twisted maker logo on a SA or NSKK dagger?
    I will try to post some pictures to show you what I mean.
    On my son's website you can see him:

Rafaëldaggers | Rafaeldaggers.jouwweb.nl

Normal below;

Ralf Siegert say about this dagger;

"Hallo,

sowas hat es gegeben, allerdings sehr selten. Da wurde die Ätzschablone falsch aufgelegt.

Sehr kurioses Stück.

Gruß Ralf

www.dienstdolch.de"

Maybe you have something similar ever seen?

Regards,
    Cor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK Gottfried Müller twisted maker logo
    P
    Many

Hello Cor..welcome to the forum...yes this producers logo exists..but a rare one to find. Below is Ralfs translation

"There has been something, but very rarely. Since the etching stencil was placed incorrectly. Very curious piece." Ralf Siegert

On your SA Dagger at the top marked with a Gruppe mark OST..which is also a rare gruppe mark to find...shows typical pimpling in the motto as i have brought the photo to this thread as it is from the same dagger pictured above in the 1st position. ( shown below ) The pimpling is caused by impurites in the steel during the forge process..which surfaces after the etch is applied. The OST marked dagger is Authentic early SA. A nice dagger to have for the SA type collector.......

The SA dagger with the BO gruppe mark shows or what appears to be a Aluminum type crossguard,,,which are not rarely encountered but still period. Ralf must have his reasons to comment on this dagger as the logo may seem a little off to him. For the BO gruppe marked dagger...more photos of the dagger would put any doubt to rest..or expose a repro. Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK Gottfried Müller twisted maker logo  
    Attached Images Attached Images NSKK Gottfried Müller twisted maker logo 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Cor,

Ive seen this one for sale on Marktplaats.

its a decent SA showing a fine blade and just happends to have an etch thats placed up side down.
    The asking price was decent for the dagger in this condition.
    Being etched this way doesnt add to his value, its the same maker the same dagger, only a wrong placed etch.
    I like the dagger

I like Sa daggers with Alu guards, and if they are on a late 1938 transitional their fit can be superb, and they are hard to find.
    they will not having problems with loss of chrome plating like the RZM have.
    Regards,
    Ger

Cor
    ?

Thanks Larry for your quick and comprehensive response.

And Yes Ger, this dagger I've put it on MP but have changed my mind about the sale after the respons from Ralf. I collect mostly Antique American firearms but also get interest in these daggers. This is my first one.

Thanks,
    Cor

?

Cor you start with a nice one

Ger

Cor
    ?

Hello All,

"The SA dagger with the BO gruppe mark shows or what appears to be a Aluminum type crossguard" but is definitely not.

Look;

Nice nickel silver.

Regards,
    Cor

?

Hi Cor,

saw you had the dagger for sale at Egun.
    Pity you didnt put it here on Warrelics for sale.
    We have a Classifieds section, (on top of the the site visible) where you can put your items for sale.
    You only need to be a Member, thats only $ 25-- dollar a year, almost for free
    Would be great for the Warrelics members to have the first shot at it!

Cheers,
    Ger

Cor
    ?

Sorry Ger, I didn't kwow this forum have a Classifieds section. Yes, the dagger is on his way to Hungary because he must make place for a SS dagger (soon I hope) . I'll let you know whent it's in with pic's and story. The (famous) collector is thinking about it.

Regards,
    Robert