Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSKK Honordagger for review

Article about: Hello guys, I came upon this NSKK honordagger which I think is rubbish. But still want to show the pics for some opinions. Thanks, K.

?

Default NSKK Honordagger for review

Hello guys,

I came upon this NSKK honordagger. Can I please have some opinions on this dagger please? Thanks, K.

NSKK Honordagger for reviewNSKK Honordagger for reviewNSKK Honordagger for reviewNSKK Honordagger for reviewNSKK Honordagger for reviewNSKK Honordagger for reviewNSKK Honordagger for reviewNSKK Honordagger for reviewNSKK Honordagger for reviewNSKK Honordagger for reviewNSKK Honordagger for reviewNSKK Honordagger for reviewNSKK Honordagger for reviewNSKK Honordagger for reviewNSKK Honordagger for reviewNSKK Honordagger for reviewNSKK Honordagger for reviewNSKK Honordagger for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK Honordagger for review
    P
    Many

?

IMO maybe a NSKK Marine dagger. I'm just not sure of the damascusblade offcourse... Damascusblades are a dangerous field...

IMO it's a faked dagger. The inscription on the blade is well known on other fakes. Sorry.

Regards

Stefan

?

Thanks Stefan. I aswell was not thinking beeing it original but question can be ask just in case...

Hi Krisse,,since it has been already opened by the markings on the tang nut..see if the tang is marked and if there are numbers stamped inside the crossguards.

Love the nicely gold toned fittings,,..they match the condition well of the scabbard
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Fake Damascus patern

?

here are my 2 cents:

guards are postwar firegilt, the nut is the best way to look at that, the colorchange between the screw and the nut it typically for an altered firegilt nut, it has not been polished like the nut, and it should.
    The grip to guard for a honour dagger like this one is way to poor.

~#Ron: damast pattern could be ordered in a wide variaty, almost every pattern you could think of could be made, hand made or artificial.
    I have had an Original pre 1918 sales catalogue of Imperial Marine daggers that showed several pages with different patterns, even ones that you for sure would call fake......i will ask Danny if he will post the damast pattern pages..you will be amazed!

I do not like the gilding on the chain, the ones ive seen where applied on nickel chains, not on chrome plated steel ones.
    I would not buy this one.
    NSKK Honordagger for review