Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSKK - Kober

Article about: This is the second of the two daggers I have the opportunity to pick up. Once again, these are cell phone pictures and won't have anything better until I see it in hand. Has some heavy patin

MAP
    ?

Default NSKK - Kober

This is the second of the two daggers I have the opportunity to pick up.

Once again, these are cell phone pictures and won't have anything better until I see it in hand.

Has some heavy patina on it and it looks to have a decent blade.

Not familiar with Kober or NSKK daggers so any and all comments welcome.

Michael

NSKK - KoberNSKK - KoberNSKK - Kober
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK - Kober
    P
    Many

You cant go wrong with a Kober ..IMO..the lowest of the low step crossguard to grip fit. I hope you can get this one soon. Love the dirt and patina. "Th" Thuringia Gruppe mark is correct.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    You cant go wrong with a Kober ..IMO..the lowest of the low step crossguard to grip fit. I hope you can get this one soon. Love the dirt and patina. "Th" Thuringia Gruppe mark is correct.

Regards Larry
    It's ready for the taking Larry! Thanks for the feedback.

I too like the patina on it (100% honest vet pickup, untouched). I can get either this or the SA (posted in a separate thread). But I was thinking of this. Maybe both if my friend will hold one for a few months.

Anything more you can tell me about it or date? Not familiar with Kober.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

MAP,

I like what i see so far

if you buy it do not clean it

Regards Mac 66.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    MAP,

I like what i see so far

if you buy it do not clean it

Regards Mac 66.
    Thanks Mac,

Never even crossed my mind. I wouldn't dream of cleaning.

Regards,

Michael

Beautiful early piece. Really a nice black anodized scabbard as well! What a find! Thanks for the pictures. As has been stated, you can't go wrong with a Kober.
    Mark

Wilhelm Kober & Co. Haarschneidermasch. Elektr.
    Kleinen Motoren, Suhl Thuringia - Wald

Established in 1874
    1905 - Business manufacturing Wares: hair clippers for humans and animals, pipe bending tools.
    1911 - Wares: articles for mounting postage stamps, apparatus for loading and unloading cartridges
    1924 - Wares: Tools
    1934 - Address Koberstr, Suhl Regierung Bezirk Erfurt. Business manufacture Wares: Steel and metal wares, weapons hair cutting machines and small motors

Out of 26 logo variants..the last 3 being the commonly seen one with a Centaur holding a spear.

This Producer strictly made SA and NSKK daggers
    SA Gruppe marks are "Th" "Sa" and "He" for Rohm daggers

The three Suhl producers being "Haenel" J.P. Sauer and Wilhelm Kober dared to be different with their craftmanship..most identifiable is their low step grip to crossguard fit. Kober being the slimmest.

Another common identifiable trait of a Kober dagger is their Oak gun stock type grips. Every SA collection should not be without a Suhl dagger.
    Haco is another that is in a class of its own...but being a distributor only of this dagger.

You will enjoy this dagger even more so once it is in your possession. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Wilhelm Kober & Co. Haarschneidermasch. Elektr.
    Kleinen Motoren, Suhl Thuringia - Wald

Established in 1874
    1905 - Business manufacturing Wares: hair clippers for humans and animals, pipe bending tools.
    1911 - Wares: articles for mounting postage stamps, apparatus for loading and unloading cartridges
    1924 - Wares: Tools
    1934 - Address Koberstr, Suhl Regierung Bezirk Erfurt. Business manufacture Wares: Steel and metal wares, weapons hair cutting machines and small motors

Out of 26 logo variants..the last 3 being the commonly seen one with a Centaur holding a spear.

This Producer strictly made SA and NSKK daggers
    SA Gruppe marks are "Th" "Sa" and "He" for Rohm daggers

The three Suhl producers being "Haenel" J.P. Sauer and Wilhelm Kober dared to be different with their craftmanship..most identifiable is their low step grip to crossguard fit. Kober being the slimmest.

Another common identifiable trait of a Kober dagger is their Oak gun stock type grips. Every SA collection should not be without a Suhl dagger.
    Haco is another that is in a class of its own...but being a distributor only of this dagger.

You will enjoy this dagger even more so once it is in your possession. Regards Larry
    Larry,

Thanks a million. I'm itching to get it already.

My "dealer/friend" is a class act. He agreed to hold this and the SA for me as I raise the money (as I have a few other big ticket items that I'm picking up over the next two months)

Appreciate the info above! Will post pictures of it when it is in hand (probably December)

Michael

?

Nice looking Suhl low step Kober.
    as far as the pics show it a good piece!
    I like the Suhl makers, lovely grips, and Kober is well known for its quality

Regards,
    Ger

MAP
    ?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Nice looking Suhl low step Kober.
    as far as the pics show it a good piece!
    I like the Suhl makers, lovely grips, and Kober is well known for its quality

Regards,
    Ger
    Thanks Ger. Will have it in hand in December......a long wait.....