Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinion on my RZM m7/19 SA dagger please

Article about: The great info and direct opinions at this site caused me to join, and gave me renewed interested in a small collection I started about 12 years ago. The info here has raised concerns about

?

Default Opinion on my RZM m7/19 SA dagger please

The great info and direct opinions at this site caused me to join, and gave me renewed interested in a small collection I started about 12 years ago. The info here has raised concerns about a few of my items so I wanted to sort through what I have, or think I had.

First is my RZM SA dagger, which has a M7/19 mark and is therefore supposed to be made by Edward Wusthof. I'm pretty sure its legit, as I have found examples of the rzm mark, the fit and finish seem right, etc.

What concerns is the lack of any crossguard (gau sp?) marking, perhaps meaning never issued, and it seems this model has aluminum cross guards. The scabbard does appear to be plated, but not so on the crossguard and they are very light. I've seen reports (Chances of a transitional SA dagger sporting aluminum crossguards? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums) that this maker is known for using aluminum. Either that or its a parts dagger, which is my fear.

I think I gave about $325 for this. The blade has drag marks, about 75% cross graining, handle is tight, scabbard has some flaking paint, plated fittings, and the strap:

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion on my RZM m7/19 SA dagger please   Opinion on my RZM m7/19 SA dagger please  

Opinion on my RZM m7/19 SA dagger please   Opinion on my RZM m7/19 SA dagger please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion on my RZM m7/19 SA dagger please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Opinion on my RZM m7/19 SA dagger please

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

The dagger is perfectly genuine and a later RZM product. Nothing wrong with it.

These later daggers were not SA Gruppe marked (Not Gau, BTW) on the crossguards.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks much.

From what I can tell in my short time here, it means much coming from you Ade. Thanks for taking the time to stop by my thread. Any feeling as to relative rarity for this maker? A search for that RZM/maker here did not yield any hits except the pinned rzm maker codes list.

Regards

It is my pleasure.

Sorry, I don't have the SA dagger rarity list. But generally speaking RZM marked daggers don't tend to be rare. The rarer SA daggers are the small cottage industry pre RZM makers.

But if Ronnie see this thread he may be able to help.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi drdata, welcome to the forum, as Ade said RZM marked daggers are not the rarest dagger as the maker marked, but if it was a maker marked dagger Ed Wusthof comes up as a 3 on a rarity list which is from 1-10 and 10 being the rarest hope this helps, like Ade says nothing wrong with your dagger thanks for showing .....Ronnie

and thank you Ade

jh92
    ?

Nice dagger, i agree it looks legit!

dave34
    ?

Looks just fine...A late specimen :-D

?

Thanks again for your comments folks. On to my next item.

regards

RZM M7/19 indicate the maker Edward Wüsthof Dreizackwerk in Solingen city.
    M5/28 is Jul. Dinnebier Nachf.in Lüdenscheid
    Cheers.
    Kevin