Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions about this SA Dagger Please.

Article about: Into the fray I go again. Just picked up this SA Dagger in a trade. What can you guys tell me about it? What is your opinion of it? Does it smell funny? Is the maker rare or ordinary? Is the

Default Opinions about this SA Dagger Please.

Into the fray I go again.

Just picked up this SA Dagger in a trade. What can you guys tell me about it?
    What is your opinion of it? Does it smell funny? Is the maker rare or ordinary?
    Is the scabbard real or real junk? Where can I find pieces to fix said problems?

Thanks for your help with this in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions about this SA Dagger Please.   Opinions about this SA Dagger Please.  

Opinions about this SA Dagger Please.   Opinions about this SA Dagger Please.  

Opinions about this SA Dagger Please.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions about this SA Dagger Please.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Opinions about this SA Dagger Please.

I'm no expert but I like it, if the trade was a fair one then i'd be happy with this. My only concern is the quality of the fit of the adler into the grip, to my eyes it looks a little 'hokey' however this may be perfectly normal and like I say I'm no expert.

It may well be a parts dagger. It is not helped by the fact in is placed in the scabbard the wrong way around in the pics. Look at the poor fit. But a bigger concern is an early scabbard with so called anodised finish (with lacquer coating) pared with a later RZM dagger which would usually be seen with a painted scabbard.

Cheers, Ade.

Yea the scabbard leaves a little to be desired. the fittings on the scabbard top are broken it looks like someone was trying to cobble up a real scabbard out of pieces or this was messed up and the bloke was trying to repair it the cheapest easiest way he could. Would it be worth the investment to find new parts?
    The blade has a H with a Y over a G or C on the tang you can see it in the photos. How does that relate to RZM mark of M7/13. I know M7 = Dagger or knife.

What would this blade as is fetch low and high price?

I agree with the above two comments. It may well be a parts dagger.

Low $250. High $500, but more likely somewhere inbetween. I guess it depends
    on how bad someone wanted it. I've also seen ads for early SA daggers
    in excellent condition where sellers were asking $1000 and $1200.
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Ade nailed it, the scabbard doesn't belong to the knife.
    Its also damaged, i think in Holland it would be a 300 euro one, a cheap one to start your collection with.
    Experienced collectors would walk away...