Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pawn Shop Purchase - SA Dagger

Article about: You did well and I for one would have picked it up as it is a good price. Congrats and keep looking there are many more finds out in the market. Tony

?

Default Pawn Shop Purchase - SA Dagger

So, I was in my local Pawn Shop a few weeks back and asked the gentlemen behind the counter if he had any WWII items up for sale. Just so happens he recently was sold some German medals and this SA Dagger. None of the items had been put out yet for sale but he was willing to sell the SA Dagger for $250.

I didn't know much about daggers but a quick search online with my phone returned some results on pricing (ranging from $400 to $1000 based on condition) and markings (RZM M7/14 - R.D. Luneschloss). I looked over the dagger for about 20 minutes thinking what to do, saw some patina around the SA insignia, made a quick judgment call that it was authentic and purchased it.

Now here's the question......did I get burned or did I make a good purchase? I know Pawn Shops try to turn around items quickly, so I wasn't completely skeptical at the price (or should I have been?).

Honest opinions please! I'm a big boy; I can take it!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pawn Shop Purchase - SA Dagger   Pawn Shop Purchase - SA Dagger  

Pawn Shop Purchase - SA Dagger   Pawn Shop Purchase - SA Dagger  

Pawn Shop Purchase - SA Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pawn Shop Purchase - SA Dagger
    P
    Many

Default Re: Pawn Shop Purchase - SA Dagger

hi,,,this is a NSKK dagger as evidenced by the black sheath,,,you did well,although not a top shelf-conditioned item,,you still did well,,,

?

Thanks for the info! I just assumed it was an SA dagger. Guess I should have done a little more research but feel better knowing I made a decent buy...Would the fact that it is an NSKK dagger increase the value (I know NSKK's numbers were low throughout the war).

Also, I know based on the fact it does not have a makers mark and only the RZM mark means it was from later in the war, but is there a way to pinpoint the year of manufacture?

THE DAGGERS WERE BEING MARKED WITH THE RZM MARK FROM PROBABLY LATE 1934 TO THE MOST LIKELY DATE FOR TERMINATION OF DAGGER PRODUCTION(WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SPECIAL PRESENTATION PIECES) OF 1942...I WOULD SAY YOUR DAGGER IS ABOUT 350-450 IN VALUE,,,I HAVE THE SMALL BROWN LEATHER HANGER THAT YOUR DAGGER IS MISSING FOR SALE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED,,,EMAIL ME AT boxcarbob3945@yahoo.com...

?

I think you got a bargain rgds Dave

Nice original dagger: you made a good purchase!

Cheers, Ade.

?

Great Price you paid for this RZM NSKK dagger, well done big boy

?

very nice and good place to check!!!

?

a sweet find and price
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Thanks all...I should kick myself for not doing all of my research before purchasing, but guess I cant complain when the purchase turns out to be better than expected!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast