Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

personalized Sa dagger worn by Ernst Rohm

Article about: Hi all...on this newspaper i saw that the dagger worn by Ernst Rohm shows personalizations,an unknown(to me) hanger and both Sa-Ss runes...are there some informations about this dagger on an

Default personalized Sa dagger worn by Ernst Rohm

Hi all...on this newspaper i saw that the dagger worn by Ernst Rohm shows personalizations,an unknown(to me) hanger and both Sa-Ss runes...are there some informations about this dagger on any reference book??
    Many thanks
    personalized Sa dagger worn by Ernst Rohmpersonalized Sa dagger worn by Ernst Rohmpersonalized Sa dagger worn by Ernst Rohm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement personalized Sa dagger worn by Ernst Rohm
    P
    Many

?

The one that ownes this customized private dagger will be one hell of a Lucky guy! ( and rich too when he sells it )

BTW never seen a photoshoot of it so im also wondering where it went!

Ger

Woww.Hopefully become these dagger ever offered on me website and hopefully they not know what it is
    Not every Gift dagger is described in reference books. So that makes it difficult to check the authenticity of it,then it comes to the knowledge of the advanced collector. I have seen special grips with 2 SA runes but never seen the SA SS combination I like it would like to see the blade of this one.
    Thanks for sharing this.

Regards Rafael

Mr Thomas Johnson mentions it on his book but the only picture is taken by the same newspaper i have...it s described as a One of a kind piece without any other information
    Thanks for replies

This is probably one of the best illustrated photos highlighting detail of this one of a kind dagger.

The crossguards show a low step to grip fit.
    The grip itself..Im going to say a very deep rich walnut.
    The Scabbard showing an outstanding detailed look into the ribs seen. Im curious if the scabbard is made of wood also ?

There is a possibilty that Tom Wittmann will also notate this in his SA reference when its released..but yet with no more information than what the SA dagger community already knows as what has been seen in a few photos that Rom is seen wearing it. Other than that that..the rest is a dead end.

I have always dreamt that this will appear at some point at a flea market or an old house clean out.....maybe a sibling having a yard sale looking to get $50 for this old knife.... I think I would faint or would become quickly flushed if i was to lay eyes on it..in the circumstances I mentioned.

For now.this dagger is just a dream....but you never no about how woodwork seems to bring forth as seen on my signature line.

Great Thread Luca

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Is it even known to have survived the war at all, or was it destroyed or buried with the disgraced and much despised Röhm,perhaps? When you think about it, Why would anyone back then have kept it?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Is it even known to have survived the war at all, or was it destroyed or buried with the disgraced and much despised Röhm,perhaps? When you think about it, Why would anyone back then have kept it?
    William,
    Those are my thought's exactly on the fate of this dagger. It is said that Hitler was there in person when they arrested Rohm. Who knows what order was given about the personnel effect of those SA members terminated. I'm sure that with Rohm ,all his personal items were collected up. Were they obliterated like the quotation on the SA Rohm Dagger that they were ordered to do?

Quick quote from Wiki about Nacht der langen Messer

"Meanwhile, Röhm and several of his companions went on holiday at Hotel Hanselbauer[10] in Bad Wiessee. On 28 June, Hitler phoned Röhm and asked him to gather all the SA leaders at Bad Wiessee on 30 June for a conference. Röhm agreed, apparently unsuspecting.

The Night of the Long Knives began two days later. At dawn on 30 June, Hitler flew to Munich and drove to Bad Wiessee, where he personally arrested Röhm and the other SA leaders, who were all consigned to Stadelheim prison in Munich. From 30 June to 2 July 1934 the entire leadership of the SA was purged, along with many other political adversaries of the Nazis."

But something to keep all dagger collectors dreams alive

This is just my 2 centavos on the subject

Semper Fi
    Phil

Lot's of "celebrity daggers" are either still out there somewhere or else lost forever. Reinhard Heydrich's? Josef Mengele's? How about Himmler's himself? It makes a person wonder, that's for sure. When they talk about such stuff as using Hitler's hand written diaries as stepping stools in a muddy cellar....who can say what was picked up by Joe Schmoe GI and brought home to give to his kids to play with or simply tossed into the trash?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I agree with Phil and William.

With these High personality types..and I mean being High in their own minds have created such great vanity such as Herman Goring having many dagger and Sword types for each occasion or when the wind shifted. I dont doubt at all that many of these guys had alot of daggers as many as their uniforms as many women who have hundreds of shoes for the same reasons noted above.

Look at photos of Himmler and Heydrich ..wearing a standard SSem dagger. Maybe they show age from being worn..and most collectors just pass it off as... " aaahh..its nothing great ..its not mint !! ....... o_O Huh?? .......You never know what you have and must respect that possibility that it might of been owned by that individual.

I dont want a mint dagger..but one just a step below that shows ownership..if possible to obtain.

Phil is correct and I feel the same that when Rohm was arrested all articles of clothing were confiscated and "Possibly" destroyed. I would like to keep an open mind of the possibility that these things were held as evidence and thrown in a box in the corner of an SS office. Lets not forget that Heydrich had files on Hitler and Himmler too....according to Peter Padfields biography of Himmler.

Then again as William said..they may have survived the war being liberated by an ususpecting GI.and passed around traded off through the decades.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    -----all consigned to Stadelheim prison in Munich. From 30 June to 2 July 1934 the entire leadership of the SA was purged, along with many other political adversaries of the Nazis."
    Kind of makes you want to find where Stadelheim prison dumped all of their trash.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast