Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Picked new SA dagger with another inscription on the back...

Article about: I think Larry is spot on. The big early Logo has been used on the first series of Rohm dedicated daggers. IMO the blade could very well be real. Scabbard is for sure no eickhorn and a later

?

I think Larry is spot on.
    The big early Logo has been used on the first series of Rohm dedicated daggers.
    IMO the blade could very well be real.
    Scabbard is for sure no eickhorn and a later addition possible added by a collector.
    That also would explain the bad condition of the blade and grip, being on a moistures attic for a few years.
    For 50 bucks you just cant go wrong

Ger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Picked new SA dagger with another inscription on the back...
    P
    Many

?

The state of the blade is because of blood rust - would tie in well with the widows story....NOT!

As other have said, always búy the item, not the story.

Me, I'm still not 100% sold on the inscription, as it's appearance does not look proper, in my opinion, but given the corrosion on the blade, it's naturally difficult to say 100% one way or the other. One oddity, I've noticed, is that there doesn't seem to be very much of the corrosion IN the inscription other than a few very small bits. With the heavy scale rust and such on the rest of the blade-along with the very dark toning and patina, it is abit hard to see why the inscription is white and clear. The sheath, almost certainly is a marriage to the dagger. Interesting, that it apparently had the ring removed-probably for a vertical hanger-but shows no sign of having had any such hanger on it. But, as Ger said, in any case, you can't lose Too bad for a whole 50 dollars!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I'd second that, Walkwolf. A "parts" dagger with applied inscription, maybe.

Nice original dagger IMHO. There is absolutely nothing from with the maker mark placement.
    Eickhorn grip, crossguards are internally marked HE and the blade is original.
    Great score for $50 congrats!

$50??? Regardless of any issues - score!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4