Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pre war SA Dagger?

Article about: Stop bullying me!!...and putting evil thoughts in my head

?

Default Pre war SA Dagger?

This is one that i am prepping to sell,I was just wondering if any one could fill me in on the details...and if anyone would care to ballpark a value it would be helpful(feel free to PM me). For myself(this is all new to me) its hard to figure out the values,I checked online and they go from $400 to $900 and i have seen some for priced in the thousands of dollars range. Its hard to gauge condition and whether or not its a rarity.Mine appears to be common. Please share your thoughts...

Pre war SA Dagger?Pre war SA Dagger?Pre war SA Dagger?Pre war SA Dagger?Pre war SA Dagger?Pre war SA Dagger?Pre war SA Dagger?Pre war SA Dagger?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pre war SA Dagger?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Pre war SA Dagger?

Well it appears 2 of my shots did not make it,which works out because they show notable flaws,the first shows a clear split in the wooden handle near the hilt.

Pre war SA Dagger?

the second shows a missing screw on the sheath...

Pre war SA Dagger?

Hi Kgrunt,,I almost fell off my chair,, when i saw the maker,,although it appears as 7 on the McSaar Rarity list..a scale of producers ,,from the most common to the rarest. Your SA dagger for being a 7 is extremely rare..and I would deem it a 10. Your words scare me a bit as you say you are prepping it to sell. It would be best to leave it in the condition it is in and not to alter or clean it up in anyway or it will seriously devalue the price of your dagger. Leave that to the next owner. Your best bet would to advertise it here on our classified section. A missing screw in tis instance is not an issue at all as this maker is rare to begin with. I have a concern though and would like to see very close up photo of the runes button. it maybe nothing,, but..maybe I am over analytical. This is a hard maker to find,,as I myself would think twice about parting with it. I sent you a PM regarding price. A good comparison in pricing can range between Paul Lakesidetraders site..or Tom Wittmanns site. this should give you an idea in condition..of what you may want to sell it for. Nice dagger,,as i would by this myself,,if I was not in the middle of a dagger investment at the moment. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

As Larry says, this is an uncommon maker and the dagger
    is in fine condition despite the minor flaws shown.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Kgrunt,,I almost fell off my chair,, when i saw the maker,,although it appears as 7 on the McSaar Rarity list..a scale of producers ,,from the most common to the rarest. Your SA dagger for being a 7 is extremely rare..and I would deem it a 10. Your words scare me a bit as you say you are prepping it to sell. It would be best to leave it in the condition it is in and not to alter or clean it up in anyway or it will seriously devalue the price of your dagger. Leave that to the next owner. Your best bet would to advertise it here on our classified section. A missing screw in tis instance is not an issue at all as this maker is rare to begin with. I have a concern though and would like to see very close up photo of the runes button. it maybe nothing,, but..maybe I am over analytical. This is a hard maker to find,,as I myself would think twice about parting with it. I sent you a PM regarding price. A good comparison in pricing can range between Paul Lakesidetraders site..or Tom Wittmanns site. this should give you an idea in condition..of what you may want to sell it for. Nice dagger,,as i would by this myself,,if I was not in the middle of a dagger investment at the moment. Regards Larry
    Ha, by prepping I meant I was preparing to become a seller. It is something I have never done,I am looking into my options. I was warned early on not to clean or touch up objects. I do not consider myself a collector for now I am deciding what items I wish to keep and get ride of...This dagger and my up coming 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger are held jointly between myself and my brother,we could never agree on how to split them so we decided will split the profit. This item hold no sentimental value...It was in a drawer in the basement stored in a wool sock

- - Updated - -

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    As Larry says, this is an uncommon maker and the dagger
    is in fine condition despite the minor flaws shown.........
    Larry, I thought the minor flaws were major...but i guess its all in the blade.

?

like to see very close up photo of the runes button
    Larry what is a Runes button?

It is the round silver and brown flat button with a Runic SA style lettering at the top of the grip. Above the grip eagle.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

It is the round silver and brown flat button with a Runic SA style lettering at the top of the grip. Above the grip eagle.

Poof!!!!!

Pre war SA Dagger?

Thankyou Mr. Blackstone your a great magician,,and you have calmed my concerns of the runes button. Bravo! Regards Larry

something tells me this one is going to end up in your new display case larry lol there is always room for just one more!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast