Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Questionable SA dagger?

Article about: Hi everyone, I came across this Sa dagger today, and although it doesn’t seem like anything special, i wanted to get the forum’s opinions on it. From my limited experience it seemed legit ex

Default Questionable SA dagger?

Hi everyone,
    I came across this Sa dagger today, and although it doesn’t seem like anything special, i wanted to get the forum’s opinions on it.
    From my limited experience it seemed legit except for the blade, which I could find no cross graining on it at all. And the dagger seemed a bit “light” to hold.
    The crossguards were nickle and all good from what I could tell. But the blade having no crossgraining was a bit sus to me.
    Is it possible it never had any?(doubtful) or could it be a fake blade?
    Perhaps there is another explanation, like I said I only have limited experience, but would love to learn more from the forum.
    Thanks for your time.Questionable SA dagger?Questionable SA dagger?Questionable SA dagger?Questionable SA dagger?Questionable SA dagger?Questionable SA dagger?Questionable SA dagger?Questionable SA dagger?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Questionable SA dagger?
    P
    Many

Totally early period and authentic
    I have never seen the Gruppe mark Hochland / "Ho" .... on the Wilhelm Wagner before ..but I like the fit and the condition

The dagger rates at a rare #9 out of 10
    There are alot of threads within this SA forum you can begin reading from also when you have some time.
    Nice find !!

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

While there is a plus on the scarcity side, I would be remiss to not include a negative IMO for the condition of the blade. Possibly sharpened at one time, and what looks to me like some most probably a postwar attempt at a re-polishing which could really hurt when it comes to a time to sell or trade. Maybe some new imaging might help to change my opinion - or the opposite could be true. Best Regards, Fred

Thanks for the reply guys, yeah In hand the blade felt sharpened and was in terrible condition compared with the handle. Would only get it if it was super cheap.