Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Round RZM Tags???

Article about: I was asked by a friend who collects tagged and bagged daggers if I had ever seen a round RZM paper tag on an unissued SA dagger? I am at a loss and I have never seen such an animal and was

Default Round RZM Tags???

I was asked by a friend who collects tagged and bagged daggers if I had ever seen a round RZM paper tag on an unissued SA dagger? I am at a loss and I have never seen such an animal and was wondering if there was ever a period produced item,and if so what makers used them? Thanks in advance,Geoff

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Round RZM Tags???
    P
    Many

?

That sure would be a first time for me, i would like to see the tags in question.

Regards
    Ger

Wrap around strip tags and triangular tags I have seen but no round RZM's. Eickhorn used a round red steel tag, but it was not for the RZM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Geoff ,,I look into the Producer name on the tag..and the Identity of the RZM number on the tag or dagger may be a good start to identifying any possibilities.

Photos are a great start .

If the existence of paper triangular RZM control tags are prevalent ..then there should be a few of these round tags around..if belonging to the SA. Photos would help greatly

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Sorry for the delay I have been waiting for photos although the quality of the photo is not the best I think it will provide better info.Regards,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Round RZM Tags???  

?

What you show is one of the standard tags.
    M7/2 is Emil Voos
    Cheers
    Ger
    Round RZM Tags???Round RZM Tags???
    Here a similar one also of Emil Voos
    Round RZM Tags???Round RZM Tags???

When you said "round". I had envisioned a tag shape that was actually coin shaped. As Gerrit said, this is simply the usual wrap around type of tag. Nothing wrong with it at all.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you all for the feedback everyone! when my friend said "Round" I like Wagriff automatically assumed coin shaped as well now having seen the photo I feel much better as before I had that sinking feeling that the newest ULTRA RARE ELITE SA daggers were about to be discovered!! Regards,Geoff

Not unknown even with reasonably well stored RZM period daggers tagged or not, am I seeing that some "internal socket corrosion termites" were at work? Best Regards, Fred

The tagged RZM period daggers posted are excellent representatives of those made during that period . With some others I've seen perhaps being more indicative of some of the problems that dagger makers faced in manufacturing them. None of which were probably apparent at the time, and it's only decades later that some of them surface. That said, the German Army of that period was well aware of the challenges, especially as they knew from practical experience that the more rugged environments they faced showed where changes should be made to the manufacturing process. Which in this case was a red lead type of paint to prevent or minimize corrosion inside the socket of a rifle's buttplate - which seems to have held up well. And if done properly could or did have an application for some daggers, recalling seeing quite a while back one example (unfortunately I don't recall the maker or know its background) that did not have a red lead type of protective coating, but more of a blackish interior. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Round RZM Tags???