Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

RZM M7/78? SA Dagger in question

Article about: Hey all. I am looking at buying this somewhat damaged SA dagger. The photo of the maker/RZM area looks strange to me. This is the third time this poor guy has tried to send me "clear an

Default RZM M7/78? SA Dagger in question

Hey all. I am looking at buying this somewhat damaged SA dagger. The photo of the maker/RZM area looks strange to me. This is the third time this poor guy has tried to send me "clear and high res" photos and this is as good as it gets, unfortunately.

RZM M7/78? That last character looks like an "S" but maybe it's an "8" for Herm. Linder? I just don't know what to think. Any help is appreciated.
    RZM M7/78? SA Dagger in questionRZM M7/78? SA Dagger in questionRZM M7/78? SA Dagger in question

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM M7/78? SA Dagger in question
    P
    Many

Blade is Junk..motto running down a hill..the RZM number is Cartoonish and not RZM typical. At Best a parts dagger with a junk blade. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks, Larry. When you say "junk" do you mean reproduction? the m7/xx of the RZM code is the weirdest and crappiest I've seen.

Hi NapT. .....Thats my sarcasm and giving an insult to a reproduction item..calling it Junk. I consider any put together with the use of authentic and repro parts creating a Frankenstein. I will not attack an obvious whole modern day repro as these are being sold and alot of souveneir stores through out the world.

The guards and grip appear to be genuine and the included the loss of tang nut plating. Keep Hunting..and the time worth the wait will be rewarding. In this hobby all authentic artifacts are a welcome sight..but the " Patience of the Hunt" sitting in the tree for Hours..in the case of days or years..that One Grand Trophy will be worth the wait. Took me 20 years and the afforded opportunity to finally land an Early Chained SS Type A.

Try not to settle for less..unless it is to be used as a stepping stone..to acquire the next better...or yet .....a personal Milestone. Regards Larry

sorry for preaching
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Point taken. I'm definitely not looking to accidentally add any frankensteins to my collection so thank you for the info. I am always on the lookout for a bargain, regardless of the condition of the item, as long as it is original. I use a few of those lesser items to trade for one nice item periodically because I never can afford to buy a $1,000 dagger outright.

Also, is there a thread around here with pics of your chained SS?

Quote by naptime View Post
    Also, is there a thread around here with pics of your chained SS?
    Not complete pics not yet..coming up soon.

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Took me 20 years and the afforded opportunity to finally land an Early Chained SS Type A.
    Larry you know whats next my friend POSTTTTT that beauty!!!! and with it let little Max out of the box

Ger