Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

SA dagger #2 Please help to ID

Article about: Unfortunately no scabbard

Default SA dagger #2 Please help to ID

Unfortunately no scabbard
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA dagger #2  Please help to ID   SA dagger #2  Please help to ID  

SA dagger #2  Please help to ID   SA dagger #2  Please help to ID  

SA dagger #2  Please help to ID  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA dagger #2  Please help to ID
    P
    Many

Made by Tigerwerk, Tiger daggers are fairly well sought after for their excellent workmanship. A shame that it's missing it's sheath. It's been taken apart before, but the overall condition is still not all that bad. The blade, though, has, unfortunately, been pretty heavily cleaned.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

thank you kindly

It's a little rough yes, but I kind of like this one - It's condition
    is not too bad, and if you're lucky, you might find a separate
    scabbard that fits well.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Late blade early fittings. Top Guard is a "K" guard..aka..Haco guard..rare to see this type of guard..and especially on any Late RZM blades. Parted IMO Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Sorry twism 94, but I have to agree with Larry. Early cross guards, especially group marked, and a 1941 RZM blade send up red flags. All of it is original, but I don't think the dagger originated like this. I'd have to go with parts dagger too. My opinion, of course.
    Mark

I did think of that also-the nickel fittings, but the Fit to the grip would is Very good, so that's odd. I do not care for the tiny gap at the bottom guard that is visible where the blade joins, so it may well be true. But, even so, with the condition of the blade and all, it's pretty much academic in any case. It's value has definitely been drastically lost.
    William

?

The Fit to the grip would is Very good,because the screw is tightened very firmly, wood handle is peeling off, clearly visible on the upper cross guard (picture 5)
    Daniel

Why, thank you so very much for pointing this out to me, Daniel!
    William

Agreed the grip fit is well...with this shallow type crossguard. I would say the grip and crossguard belong with each other..and then married to the late RZM blade. This grip is of the early type wood.

Sure the blade shoulders fit very well to the lower guard..but that doesnt make it right...or according to production pieces..of materials used.

Anomaly? ... maybe... Post war put together... Maybe too ! Is it consistent with the production types of 1941...absolutely not.

As stated above all parts are original..but mismatched. IMO the bulk of any left over early grips were used for production quota on the Mid period tranitionals..as e have seen some very fine mid period examples. This might of been a Late straggler...but this late in the period of 1941. I have high doubts. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill