Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA Dagger #2. . . Vet Bringback

Article about: Hi all, This is the second SA dagger in my collection. The sheath was painted black after the Night of Long Knives. This along with the dagger pictures in my last post were both captured tow

Default SA Dagger #2. . . Vet Bringback

Hi all,
    This is the second SA dagger in my collection. The sheath was painted black after the Night of Long Knives. This along with the dagger pictures in my last post were both captured toward the end of the war. The SA button at the top of the dagger has an orange complexion compared to the other dagger. Hope you all enjoy!
    Thaddeus
    SA Dagger #2. . . Vet BringbackSA Dagger #2. . . Vet BringbackSA Dagger #2. . . Vet BringbackSA Dagger #2. . . Vet BringbackSA Dagger #2. . . Vet BringbackSA Dagger #2. . . Vet BringbackSA Dagger #2. . . Vet BringbackSA Dagger #2. . . Vet Bringback

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger #2. . . Vet Bringback
    P
    Many

A great period example..( alittle salty but nice )...the runes button is fine and a Great call on Gerrits part....identifying this dagger produced by Herder. Good eyes and study

Also nice to see the early period first type snap clip still attached to the hanger. Hard to find these Thanks Thadeus for the separate pics. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Nskk.........? !
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Yea, looks to be also NSKK to me. Nice salty dagger! Love to add an SA one day to my collection.
    Ryan

Yes.....NSKK..sometimes the most obvious is overlooked. Too busy looking deep into the soul of this dagger
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

My first thought was also NSKK. My early Hartkopf has the same look to the SA button as yours.
    These early examples are nice. Thanks for sharing this with us.
    Dean

?

What i especially like on those Herder Sa's are their beautiful eagle's, its a great way to identify them
    just look at the eye inlay.
    Their tang marking is the same as their logo: crossed keys

Ger
    SA Dagger #2. . . Vet Bringback

gerrit,
    I agree about the Herder SA eagle. It is much more defined than the one on the other dagger! Thanks for looking!

Thaddeus

?

Ywcl

Ger