Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SA Dagger?

Article about: I posted some stuff my Dad brought home form Europe, but didn't have pictures of the SA Dagger he brought home till we found it moving my mom out of her house last week. I think it is a Rohm

Okay you guys are bumming me out. I am 57 years old I remember showing it to my friends when I was 10 years old thinking it was the coolest thing in the world that it was off a dead german soldier. I also grew up watch all the war movies with my dad. lol.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger?
    P
    Many

Keep in mind, that the Winter of 1945-46 was one of the worst that Germany could recall in modern times, and that most of the country lay in utter ruins and devastation and was occupied by a not too friendly occupation force, while most of the men folks were either dead,crippled or off in prisoner of war camps working in countries like Russia and England-leaving the people of Germany itself in a terrible situation. To get by, they did whatever they needed to do, and one of these methods was to assemble the leftover parts and bits in the bombed out factories and sell the "daggers" to the GI's and such that were thirsty for souvenirs to send home and didn't really care much if they had been carried by anyone or not. They were Daggers, in their eyes, and that's all that mattered to them.
    So, while it was never issued to a Brown Shirt and carried in the streets of Munich or wherever, this piece still has a history to it and if you're not a purist collector, it should be worth Something, but, of course, nothing near the value of what a Real one is worth.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

WKC did produce their own daggers and also with refinished blades. WKC produced quality ..and and very tight fitting craftmanship.

SA Dagger? SA Dagger?

This producer is becoming hard to find..although rated at a 4 in rarity..when the McSaar was created ...not to many of these to be found anymore..which a great reason why they cant be found is because of the quality,.and no one wants to let go of them.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by hunter59 View Post
    Okay you guys are bumming me out. I am 57 years old I remember showing it to my friends when I was 10 years old thinking it was the coolest thing in the world that it was off a dead german soldier. I also grew up watch all the war movies with my dad. lol.
    I'm not sure why any of this would bum you out. You had mentioned your Dad was Army Air Corps. So the taken off the "dead german soldier" would not have been possible while flying at 25,000 feet!!!!
    Take pride in your Fathers service knowing that he was part of the Greatest Generation this nation has seen. It is war booty that he brought home, be it either taken in combat or traded for a cartoon of cigarettes , It is what he brought home and you have it. Like it or not . Our vet's were not all Medal of Honor recipients but they served our country with pride. Be it the cooks/ supply/mechanic guys to the front line point man. They did their job!!!! BE PROUD OF WHAT YOU HAVE!

On a side note I am a major AAF fan and love to hear the where's,what's and who's about them. Feel free to PM me. It's what I enjoy!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

I echo Phil an Wagriffs thoughts...not trying to bum you out..but trying to keep history very real ...and teaching what thoughts comes from the minds of those who constantly study this period in time associated with the side carry of these Edged daggers of honor.

Every One of our members here at some point of their lives have fallen into disappointment even after decades of collecting as seen with a Variant type German helmet decal. Those have cost more than 10K in those bummer moments.

The truth seems to be more messy the deeper we cut and some cant handle it.

SA Dagger? SA Dagger?

...for the betterment surgeries are required in some cases ..so that a cancer / or history misrepresented ..can be exposed removed and corrected through research. No one likes to hear bad news of a child born with disabilities ..but its still your child..your dagger is still very real with authentic fittings ..and were there during the period....just not as a whole when first produced.

Pain always comes with growth and through growth wisdom and knowledge.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

My best heartfelt thanks guys!!! i am on here because I very much appreciate the history of this period and what are vets did to sacrifice their lives for our freedom. Having these pieces is an honor and will be passed down in my family. On another thread because of your in-depth knowledge I have an actual story behind the luger he brought home. Because of stamping and identification marks the experts on here where able to tell me that is was made/issued and used during WWI and WWII. Best guess was it was in a family and passed from father who served in WWI to his son in WWII. Very cool. It is good to know the truth on these items that is why I am here. I am not disappointed at all. My greatest memory was to go with my mom to her last bomb group reunion after my father died 10+ years ago. Being able to sit with these Vets at breakfast and talk to my Dads co-pilot and others that served was an honor beyond belief. I was in awe of the hero's that I was sitting among. Everyone of them were the most humble men on earth and all would have traded places with their brothers that didn't make it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2