Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SA Dagger

Article about: I have a buddy that wants me to sell this dagger for him but I need to know if it's authentic before I start trying. From my research I have concerns myself I don't know very much just yet a

Default SA Dagger

I have a buddy that wants me to sell this dagger for him but I need to know if it's authentic before I start trying. From my research I have concerns myself I don't know very much just yet about these. The Makers Mark says RZM M7/36 which from my research means it was manufactured byE. & F. Horster or Solingen around 1940. Anyway I'll post pics and maybe someone can educate me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger
    P
    Many

I can't post pics? Hmm.

Here are eight pictures for help in authenticating.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger   SA Dagger  

SA Dagger   SA Dagger  

SA Dagger   SA Dagger  

SA Dagger   SA Dagger  

Not an expert myself but dagger is sure on the salty side. Might consider saving up more cash for a better example. Just my two cents.

Hi Wren ...Good news and not so good news

Good news the dagger is period authentic ..but has been taken apart at some point ..as RZM number should be on the reverse side of the dagger.

Bad news ..IMO there is no resale value as the condition is exceedingly poor looks due to horrible storage. The grip is the "face " of these type daggers and its the initial appeal that draws the viewer. The grip has been through hell and lost all of its laquer and appears the dye used.

The RZM number by EF Horster is fairly common as condition, rarity and desirability are the main factors in collecting any dagger.
    Normally we do not give out values on daggers as we are a forum of study ..which will eventually lead to value..once compared to market pricing from other dealers. In this case ..I feel there is nothing to compare it to on the market as dealers will not make 10 cents on resale.

I would say..if your looking to sell it..you may want to start at $100 US and negotiate from there. Sorry for the bad news.

The blade is the center piece of any dagger or sword..which a collector will seek the condition of that first before possible purchase. The blade is stained and pitted from what I can see + some water damage and or moisture.

I greatly applaud your effort to post photos .

You are more than welcome to post it in our classifieds as I feel bad to see such a degradation of a dagger and want to help you out as this would be an option for you. I doubt it would move..but the option is yours

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill