Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

SA dagger authenticity

Article about: Good day everyone. I am still on the hunt for my first SA dagger. I have uploaded a few pictures from someone offering to sell these to me at reasonable pricing. Just wanted your take on whi

Default SA dagger authenticity

Good day everyone. I am still on the hunt for my first SA dagger. I have uploaded a few pictures from someone offering to sell these to me at reasonable pricing. Just wanted your take on which one of the three would be the most sought after and if you think any of the three are fakes (I am leaning towards the middle dagger). Thanks again gents!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA dagger authenticity   SA dagger authenticity  

SA dagger authenticity   SA dagger authenticity  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA dagger authenticity
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SA dagger authenticity

Hi,
    it'll be hard to tell with these pics, is it possible to get some photos in the daylight? So far they all look ok to me, but it's super hard to tell with these pics unfortunately.

They all three have their good and bad points, but nothing overly major over each other. The Tiger seems to have been in some old oil or grease,causing the discoloration of the metal work? And it has no hanger-that,and the sheath's finish is rough. The middle piece looks good too, but has a good knock on the upper backside of the grip,but is a slightly better maker-Wilhelm Kober of Suhl..The sheath looks to have been repainted,however, which doesn't help it. The RZM if that says RZM 7/17 is made by P.D. Luneschloss. Not a bad maker but of the 3, it is probably the youngest of the lot,as it is RZM marked,of course. But, if I had a gun to my head, I'd still probably choose it as it seems to have the least of the check marks against it. Naturally, better photos in bnetter light and closer details are needed for all 3 before you can make a definitive choice. Are they all reasonably priced?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I agree with Wagriff all 3 are desirable and I believe the Tiger is all nicotined stained from hanging on a Vets wall. Beautiful cross grain also! IMO the most sought after by collectors would be the Kober and a very close second the Tiger as this is an early SA. Still all 3 are nice with some issues as Wagriff has said.

?

I would personally go for the Tiger, I think you will be pleasantly surprised at what a gentle clean will reveal under all that smoke tarnish, it hasnt got a its hanger but thats not such a big deal, nice to have, but could be added later

?

1st Choice Tiger
    2nd Kober
    3rd RZM M7/14

Cheers Mac 66.

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    1st Choice Tiger
    2nd Kober
    3rd RZM M7/14

Cheers Mac 66.
    I agree!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)