Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SA Dagger by Carl Schmidt & Sohn AG Solingen

Article about: I have just read that this maker is considered rare, with a 9 out of 10 on the rarity scale as written by McSarr. This maker perhaps only produced around 1000 examples. Cheers, Ade.

Default SA Dagger by Carl Schmidt & Sohn AG Solingen

Hi Guys, well this is my final dagger from my colletion to show you all. This was the very first dagger I ever bought, back in the late 1970's and cost me £26 back then from Nottingham based dealer & friend, the late Mike Long. I think it has proved to be a good investment? But of course you know me and I would never sell it

The dagger is a nice early pre RZM maker marked example. It is group marked "Ns" on the reverse of the crossguard for SA Gruppe Niedersachsen. It came complete with the brown leather hanger.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger by Carl Schmidt & Sohn AG Solingen   SA Dagger by Carl Schmidt & Sohn AG Solingen  

SA Dagger by Carl Schmidt & Sohn AG Solingen   SA Dagger by Carl Schmidt & Sohn AG Solingen  

SA Dagger by Carl Schmidt & Sohn AG Solingen   SA Dagger by Carl Schmidt & Sohn AG Solingen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger by Carl Schmidt & Sohn AG Solingen
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA Dagger by Carl Schmidt & Sohn AG Solingen

Sweet.............. Nice one Ade.

Rick
    ?

That is an exquisit peice of work, thanks for showing it Ade.

Rick

?

hi ade , i love SA`s and yours looks terrific nice crossgrain on the grip and it doesn`t look to have been taken down which is a bonus in my opinion . you`ve treated it with T.L.C. for 30 years , i can see that ! i think you can definately say that at £26 it was a sound investment thanks for showing ,

cheers al

?

well what can i say absolutely gorgeous dagger Ade once again if ya ever need anyone to look after it for ya just send it my way

HDTony
    ?

Ade

Very nice indeed ! I might ask if you have all your daggers and fighting knives displayed ? Bet that would be a sight to see. See I am trying to get you to post more, greedy right, lol. Wow what a collection you have.

Tony

?

nice one! EXCELLENT

?

That has a great look about it and was a good invetment you sure have a fantastic collection , rgds Dave

Hi Guys, thanks for the kind comments. In reply to few questions raised:

Al: I should confess that the dagger has been apart once, done by myself. This is not something I would recommend a novice do. The correct spanner tool is needed. I have seen many daggers ruined over the years with folks using "Mole grips" etc! The reason this was done was there was some green verdigris gunk forming on the crossguards which needed to come off. If left in place, it would in time pit the metal. But to take a dagger to peices simply out of curiosity is not a good idea. That is how things get ruined. However, it is not a bad idea to reassembly the dagger, but then leave the locking nut just "finger tight". Overtightening can crack the wooden grip.

Tony: nice try They are all displayed together on my collection room wall. Maybe you will see it one day? Think of it like a good striptease! To see it all in one go takes away the thrill

I should really add that I could never afford to build my collection at todays prices. It is simply that I have collected so long and much was amassed many years ago when prices were reasonable.

Cheers, Ade.

jasonGIBBOgibson
    ?

i havejust been givin a dagger just like that 1 above and by the same maker except mine has not got the hanger where yours has got the two letter initials ns i think mine has got the 2 letters wf its in great condition.i havent got a clue about knives and daggers my graddad gave it to me he brought it back from ww2 he has also given me a german uniform jacket..i have only just joined this forum as im very interested in the history of the sa dagger and what the actual uniform is im going to upload pics of both the dagger and the uniform jacket....in the next couple of days as ive only just been given them today....thnx jason

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast