Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SA Dagger / Dienstdolch - authenticity in question

Article about: Hello! I have been slowly purchasing a collection of daggers from someone locally and I'm curious about this SA Dienstdolch as it seems like a very rare maker. These are the only two images

Default SA Dagger / Dienstdolch - authenticity in question

Hello! I have been slowly purchasing a collection of daggers from someone locally and I'm curious about this SA Dienstdolch as it seems like a very rare maker. These are the only two images I have at the moment. The other items I've purchased have been good originals but could use more opinions if anyone is willing to contribute. Thank you in advance.
    SA Dagger / Dienstdolch - authenticity in questionSA Dagger / Dienstdolch - authenticity in question

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger / Dienstdolch - authenticity in question
    P
    Many

Hi for a good expertise we have more photo, s needed, especially from the blade and scabbard. This is indeed a very rare maker. M7/72 was Karl Robert Kaldenbach Solingen.
    For what I can see now it looks like a parts dagger, early scabbard whith late plated fittings? and I miss the 4 screws of the scabbard.

I see no issues from what I see there and would need more pics to tell for sure.
    I can tell you that these guys did use the period after the 7 in rzm 7./72

Best not to handle blades without protective gloves. A scarce maker, but not rare imho.

Hi, as been said, better pics, but see no major red flags. In the first pic the guard to grip fit looks off. A maker not often found. looking again might just be shadow. Better pics !

Thank you for the information everyone. I will not be able to get more pics tonight but I am checking it out tomorrow in person. I will take pics myself. Thanks again and I'll be back soon!

?

I tend to Rafaels analysis.
    The Scabbard hull does seem to be anodized instead of painted, and the plated fittings of the Original scabbard have been transfered to it.
    That would explain why de 4 screws are missing, the holes probably dont allign in this mixed configuration.
    Paul points out that M7. is correct for this maker, i agree on that.
    If the scabbard hull is indeed anodized and the screw holes dont allign then for sure i would not be interested in this dagger, despite the not that often found maker ( wouldnt call it that rare either)

Regards,
    Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 02-24-2016 at 04:57 PM.

More pics! Definitely no screws on the scabbard but it does look like it was originally painted. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Still skeptical? Thank you all for the opinions!
    SA Dagger / Dienstdolch - authenticity in questionSA Dagger / Dienstdolch - authenticity in questionSA Dagger / Dienstdolch - authenticity in questionSA Dagger / Dienstdolch - authenticity in question

?

very strange having all 4 screws missing - doesn't even look as if there are holes

There are definitely no screw holes in the scabbard.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast