Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Sa dagger Eduard Vitting...dagger parts??

Article about: hi all..i saw a SA dagger marked Eduard Vitting with the crossguard stamped Wf..in the reference above i saw that Vitting was marked only with gau mark P...do you think it's a dagger parts?

Default Sa dagger Eduard Vitting...dagger parts??

hi all..i saw a SA dagger marked Eduard Vitting with the crossguard stamped Wf..in the reference above i saw that Vitting was marked only with gau mark P...do you think it's a dagger parts?
    the overall conditions of the dagger are not good,some screws are missing and the blade seems to have been heavy cleaned in the past. i'd like to have your opinions.
    Thanks a lot
    Luca
    Sa dagger Eduard Vitting...dagger parts??Sa dagger Eduard Vitting...dagger parts??Sa dagger Eduard Vitting...dagger parts??Sa dagger Eduard Vitting...dagger parts??Sa dagger Eduard Vitting...dagger parts????

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sa dagger Eduard Vitting...dagger parts??
    P
    Many

Hi Luca..although the Gruppe mark does not appear on any of my references..the tight fit and overall condition is matching on the dagger. Undocumented gruppe marks are still being discovered. Im not to comfortable with the pin point numbering on the upper scabbard fitting..but thats just my opinion. Currently I do not have my McSaar list rating in front of me...and I am curious of the frequency sightings of this producer under the "P" Gruppe Mark.
    The Upper scabbard fitting is missing a screw...and the other one looks to be very loose.

Im not sure whats going on with the left eagle wing tip..as it is showing fresh wood underneath ( see black arrow ) or maybe Im looking at it too hard Other thoughts welcome .Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sa dagger Eduard Vitting...dagger parts??  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

hi Larry..i dont' think you're looking too hard also che 2 screws of the lower fitting are missing...also the blade didn't have a good life Vitting is 10 in mc Saar list
    thanks very much

Thanks for the McSaar insight..seems as though this producer was a small company...which made a limited number of daggers..most commonly sighted being a "P" gruppe mark. Hard to prove the "Wf" but the fit is nice. Comparison also with other Vitting examples may help..to see crossguard style.....but as rare as these are..that may be difficult. Still a nice fit..but yet also it has some minor issues. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry..i saw another dagger in another forum..same maker mark and Wf on the crossguard...i dont' know if i'm allowed to post here

Luca you can post it here..but you need to give credit to where or who it belongs to.

i saw it on WAF and belongs to all1knew (a memebr also here)....definitely a better conditioned dagger
    Sa dagger Eduard Vitting...dagger parts??Sa dagger Eduard Vitting...dagger parts??

?

The daggers are having both the same Gau marking and charistics, i think you can add this one to your list Larry.
    For reference use , here are the pics from the WAF forum, thanks to Kramer
    Regards,
    Ger
    Sa dagger Eduard Vitting...dagger parts??Sa dagger Eduard Vitting...dagger parts??Sa dagger Eduard Vitting...dagger parts??Sa dagger Eduard Vitting...dagger parts??Sa dagger Eduard Vitting...dagger parts??Sa dagger Eduard Vitting...dagger parts??Sa dagger Eduard Vitting...dagger parts??
    Last edited by gerrit; 07-10-2014 at 09:10 AM.

Nice discovery. Well done guys.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for the Extra Pics Ger....which shows a better photo angle. The lower guard has that chunky look to it as does the photos in the first post. Regards Larry