Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

SA Dagger with engraved dedication

Article about: Hi' guys... I need your help with a SA dagger. I would like to buy it but I'm not relly sure if the engraved dedication is genuine or post-war work...just to make more money out of it. And o

?

Default SA Dagger with engraved dedication

Hi' guys...

I need your help with a SA dagger.
    I would like to buy it but I'm not relly sure if the engraved dedication is genuine or post-war work...just to
    make more money out of it.

And one more question. What is the meaning of N. Sturm...?

Sorry for the bad pictures but I have only the dealers online pictures.

By the way...the price is $2,228.00

Thanks in advance...
    harti

SA Dagger with  engraved dedication

SA Dagger with  engraved dedication

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger with  engraved dedication
    P
    Many

gday , little overpriced in my opinion, could also be a "parts" dagger .

can not comment on the inscription, but sturm translates into "attack"

Hi Harti..welcome to the forum. I have to agree with Australia..dagger is a bit over priced. Hard to prove the dedication is authentic..and trying to enlarge the photo..only pixelates away all detail. Closeups of the dedication would be beneficial. This dagger is early period all the way..but yet..it also has been opened. Take caution ! The tang nut has a gap between the nut and the upper guard which also explains why the lower guard does not sit well onto the grip.

Im at odds with the grip eagle and due to the lighting....Im not sure if this eagle is early or late period. Late period eagles were silver plated which after some time..due to environmental conditions..the plating wore off exposing the copper base beneath.......BUT?....another photo enlargement problem due to pixelation. The gruppe mark "Nrh" is correct for this maker..and IMO everything is original to this dagger. Nice to see the long nosed hanger snap clip..which is the 1st type.

Dagger looks good..but not sure of the dedication until better photos can be provided. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

First at all thanks for your answers.
    Due to the fact I'm unable to provide better pictures here's the link to the dealers website.
    Maybe there you can see more details.

thanks
    harti

The Collector's Guild

Quote by harti View Post
    And one more question. What is the meaning of N. Sturm...?
    Quote by Australia View Post
    Can not comment on the inscription, but sturm translates into "attack"

Not in this case. Sturm was the SA/SS designation for a company-sized formation. N-Sturm means Nachrichtensturm, i.e. a signals company.

(I cannot comment on the authenticity of the dedication, though.)

Personally, I like it. I see nothing suspicious about the dedication. Generally, if you are going to add a fake inscription, it would make little sense to add a blase run of the mill inscription as this one has. As for the dagger itself, it isn't exhibiting anything out of order that I'm seeing. It all looks straight and above board. As said, it Has been opened, but this may be simply from the previous owner or the GI who brought it home being curious about it, as so many of them were. The Seller is of very good standing and knowledgeable. Abit on the high side of Price, but that's a whole different matter altogether. I would rather have seen it under 2 Grand, but for an inscribed piece, I guess it's understandable.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

What bothers me about the price is that some partial Rohm inscriptions are under 2K.. which these daggers are more desirable to acquire. Not me to decide pricing..but my money would be well spent on a significant piece of history. To each their as as they say. There is no right or wrong in this case in what one desires. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I like the dedication...
    cheers, Glenn

True that. The partial Rohm's are much more numerous, naturally, over a single and unique piece like this one looks to be. A person could do worse than this one, but I would Still make Whammond an offer on it rather than just cough up the asking price.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."