Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA / NSKK dagger evaluation

Article about: hi guys i am in desperate need of help. i have these SA dagger and i will appreciate it if you would help me to evaluate his quality and worth.... thanks

jon
    ?

Default SA / NSKK dagger evaluation

hi guys
    i am in desperate need of help.
    i have these SA dagger and i will appreciate it if you would help me to evaluate his quality and worth.... thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA / NSKK dagger evaluation   SA / NSKK dagger evaluation  

SA / NSKK dagger evaluation   SA / NSKK dagger evaluation  

SA / NSKK dagger evaluation  

2. # ADS

Default re: SA / NSKK dagger evaluation

Hi Jon, welcome to the forum!

The dagger has been taken apart at some point. I can tell this as someone has put the blade back in back to front. Also it has been placed in the scabbard the wrong way around. You can soon put this right but CAREFULLY unscrewing the nut on the top of the grip. Do not use pliers or mole grips etc otherwise damage will occur. With luck, it may only be "finger tight".

Overall the condition is fairly good. Value here in the UK would be about £350. It is a nice early maker marked dagger.

BTW, if the scabbard is black (I cannot make up my mind from the pic if it is black or a very dark brown lacquer) it will be an NSKK dagger.

Cheers, Ade.

?

jon i agree with Ade on his opinion of your SA dagger but would also like to know if the scabbard is black??
    Regards Scott.

jon
    ?

Thank you very much for your help
    to your question the scabbard is indeed black.
    what is the importance of the scabbard color?
    how do you valued/graded NSKKs as opposed to SAs?

Then you have an NSKK dagger. I think these are worth slightly more than an SA.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Jon yes its an NSKK dagger you have there with the black scabbard & worth around £400 as opposed to £350 for an SA dagger as i,m pretty sure NSKK daggers are a bit harder to find.
    Cheers Scott.