Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Dagger. Fake or genuine?

Article about: Hi I have just bought this SA dagger. It was quite expensive so i hope it is genuine. Is there anyone who can help? Centor

?

Default SA Dagger. Fake or genuine?

Hi

I have just bought this SA dagger.
    It was quite expensive so i hope it is genuine.
    Is there anyone who can help?

Centor

SA Dagger. Fake or genuine?SA Dagger. Fake or genuine?SA Dagger. Fake or genuine?SA Dagger. Fake or genuine?SA Dagger. Fake or genuine?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger. Fake or genuine?
    P
    Many

Default re: SA Dagger. Fake or genuine?

Normally Sir the scabbard fittings on this should be nonmagnetic. If the fittings are nonmagnetic you have a repainted scabbard or if they are magnetic you have a RZM mismatched scabbard.
    Check this out it may be of assistance: Lakesidetrader German Dagger & Military Collectable Site
    Warm Regards
    Paul

?

Hi Paul

Thanks for your assistance. The scabbard fittings are magnetic, so maybe you are right about the RZM scabbard.
    If i remove the handle and the crossgaurds, it looks genuine.

Jan

Yes Sir this would not have been issued with a RZM scabbard, it was switched at some point.

Here is my dagger of the same maker just for example what scabbard should look like, hope this help's
    Regards Ronnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger. Fake or genuine?   SA Dagger. Fake or genuine?  

?

Hi

I have posted some new pictures, so i hope some of you can help me.
    The man who sold me this dagger promised me that i could have my money back if it was a fake.

There is a small gap between the blade and the crossgaurd. (About 0.1 - 0.2 mm.)
    Is this dagger a fake?

Thanks

CentorSA Dagger. Fake or genuine?SA Dagger. Fake or genuine?SA Dagger. Fake or genuine?

Hi Centor, no the dagger isn't fake niether is the scabbard it's just the wrong scabbard for the dagger, the one you have there is for a "later" dagger which were painted, the one that should be with the it should be like the pic i have posted above which is browned in a chemical treatment which some people call Anodized, so all origional dagger and scabbard just the wrong scabbard for the dagger hope this clear's it up for you,
    cheers Ronnie

As Paul and Ronnie have correctly pointed out, this is a parts dagger at best.

Personally I would return it for a refund.

Cheers, Ade.

If the seller was an honorable person he should have said it was a'' parts'' dagger.Hopefully you did not pay too much for this one.

Default Re: SA Dagger. Fake or genuine?

I wanted to bring this thread back to the top as sometimes the photos we see are not enough to identify total detail. WRF member Centor has posted an early SA dagger with a questionable scabbard possibly being that of an RZM type. An account must be taken into consideration that there were many different types of anodized finishings and those SA collectors have seen many variances in color and in tone,, from a light coppery,, a deep brown to an almost purple in color.
    These scabbards when they came from the makers laquered them. Most of the anodized examples we see today have a small amount of laquer left over or its "thinning".
    There are also examples with with all its laquer and do to the photos with low kb image ,,one tends to be confused by the sheen of the laquer giving it the impression that it has been painted. Centors example IMO opinion is an early anodized scabbard type as it shows the same characteristics of laquer as my August Kullenberg early SA below.
    On page 96 of Ralf Siegerts SA book shows 8 examples of various hues in anodizing,, 2 of which look painted!!
    Centors photos were posted at a 55-100kb range which is really hard to enlarge before it pixelates and loses all definition. A careful and keen eye will observe that what is common between Centors dagger and mine. I do support Centors example as being a parts dagger as the blade shoulders to crossguard fit is not precise.
    I do not intend any disrespect for those who have posted in this thread as all have made valid points,,, but based upon photos sometimes,,it takes away from what is best seen in hand. Below are my Aug. Kullenberg photos. regards Larry.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger. Fake or genuine?   SA Dagger. Fake or genuine?  

Last edited by Larry C; 07-16-2012 at 10:22 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast