Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

SA dagger full Rohm etching Hermann Historica

Article about: Hi there lads, I'm deeply afraid this isn't going to end well and I have myself to thank. I bid on a SA dagger with full Rohm motto, not fully knowing how terribly rare these are (and care t

?

Default SA dagger full Rohm etching Hermann Historica

Hi there lads,

I'm deeply afraid this isn't going to end well and I have myself to thank.

I bid on a SA dagger with full Rohm motto, not fully knowing how terribly rare these are (and care that had to be taken). Now I've won and am getting cold feet.
    Couple of reasons I bid:
    - Wasn't fully aware of the rarity and risk of fakes
    - I trust(ed) the dealer unconditionally (am I being naive..)
    - Figured the low reserve was because of the high probability of a parts dagger.
    - I was reckless...

Now obviously the fitting is bad and the grip eagle and inlay is strange. I hadn't studied the blade good enough but got my doubts now on the correctness of the font of the hersteller. S looks stretched out.
    So what do we think, al wrong? And what to do next? just recieved the invoice for payment (600 euro).
    I figured such a prestigious firm was to be trusted and would put all items under a fair bit of scrutiny before auctioning.

Hereby the printscreens, since Original pictures can't be downloaded (so poor quality). For those with an account, it's lot 8694 of action 71.

Kind regards!

SA dagger full Rohm etching Hermann HistoricaSA dagger full Rohm etching Hermann HistoricaSA dagger full Rohm etching Hermann Historica

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA dagger full Rohm etching Hermann Historica
    P
    Many

If it is not original you can return it to the auction house can`t you?

fitting is bad indeed.

regards, Job

?

Quote by Vernichtung View Post
    If it is not original you can return it to the auction house can`t you?

fitting is bad indeed.

regards, Job
    Some auction houses state that the authenticity is for the buyer to decide and do not accept returns...
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Hi Kaske I would not buy this dagger, the fit is poor and the grip looks like postwar homemade (strange shape) but i could be the pics, also the eagle is very strange. so it is a parts dagger I don,t see EP&S in it. To assess the Rohm text we need better pics.

Regards Rafael

Hermann Historica................ well known auction house.
    They should know better, they know what the value of a good one is, if they put the limit this low they should have added that people are dealing with a parts dagger.
    I would decline and say this item is not what the description says it is. But i don`t know what the description was so correct me if i am wrong.

?

I have dealt with Bruce... A gentleman and a good person, well respected in the collecting community..
    I am sure he will work with you some how... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Looking at it in the photos - not something that would have interested me. I also can't speak to the accuracy of some background "chatter" of late which seems to indicate that Hermann Historica has been sold to another firm? Also possibly involving some third parties with questions being asked? In any event, I sincerely hope that whomever is calling the shots does the right thing and makes a full refund. Best Regards, Fred