Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Dagger---Ground motto?

Article about: Nice dagger dont let this one get past you excalibr great find cheers Ronnie

Default SA Dagger---Ground motto?

I have the chance to buy this SA dagger. It looks good in the pictures (despite how bad the pics are). The lady said the maker is Carl Eickhorn. I THINK this may be a ground motto (Rohm) because of how close the makers mark is to the handle. I'm not sure, that is why I'm posting here. She's wanting $525 for it.... any opinions on that? thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger---Ground motto?   SA Dagger---Ground motto?  

SA Dagger---Ground motto?   SA Dagger---Ground motto?  

SA Dagger---Ground motto?  
    Attached Images Attached Images SA Dagger---Ground motto?  SA Dagger---Ground motto? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger---Ground motto?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA Dagger---Ground motto?

Hi Excalibr,, you are correct it is a ground Rohm and in decent condition. $525 is a great price!!.. Go for it!! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Nice looking original daggers. The fittings, eagle and entire construction are tyipical Eickhorn..

Buy it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Heck - the hanger alone is worth $100.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

I like the wear !
    Looks good man!

An Excellent ground Rohm SA. Can't lose for the money.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Lovely Ground Rohm SA By Carl Eickhorn

$525 is a Bargain, Buy it Now

Regards Mac 66.

I can not see anything that says a rohm dagger to me.normaly the just have the name erased.

Harry, the location of the Eickhorn makers mark being extremely close to the guard is an indicator. They are put closer like this to allow for room to etch the inscription and name. If they were Not on an inscribed blade-ground or otherwise, there is generally a "finger's width" between the mark and the guard. Not all ground Rohm's removed only the name-many you see will have the entire thing removed, name and all. On some occasions, you can still glimpse bits of the removed letters, and on some more carefully ground pieces, you will see no trace of Anything, but the crosshatching of the blade will be showing where it was removed.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast