Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA Dagger Help

Article about: I have never been a fan of the poor craftmanship of late RZM daggers. I picked up three in the last week and the lack of depth ( it not quite as deep as on my early daggers) on the etching h

Default SA Dagger Help

I have never been a fan of the poor craftmanship of late RZM daggers. I picked up three in the last week and the lack of depth ( it not quite as deep as on my early daggers) on the etching had me concerned. I'm not 100% and a second opinion couldn't hurt. Thanks for your help!

Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger Help   SA Dagger Help  

SA Dagger Help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger Help
    P
    Many

More photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger Help   SA Dagger Help  

It all seems to fit together very well - blade to scabbard, crossgaurd to blade, grip to guards. I just may be over thinking it...lol

Hi Magibbs ..the dagger itself over all is all authentic...the grip is very early for such a late production of 1941. Although it fits very well ...as some daggers that may be post war assembled do...not saying that this may be the case..but it is very rare to see an early grip on a late dagger.

We are used to seeing the mix of early grips during the transitional period of the SA daggers from beginning in 1936 to 1939...this would happen by the use of excess stock left over..and assembled to make production quota. There is also a 2% that this grip also made it all the way through the cracks of the time period into the late period and assembled. Hard to prove,,but the rest of the fittings are late period.

The motto and RZM etch are good from what I can see.
    Th scabbard is missing the carrying ring and is on the dagger backwards..you may want to turn it around to where the hole is facing upward dagger facing out to be carried on the left side.

An all original dagger with time period questionable grip..but all authentic

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry. Nickel silver eagle and early grip is what had me questioning everything and looking deeper for other issues. I appreciate it! Also Larry I see your my neighbor...your in Phlly? I'm right over the bridge.