Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SA Dagger Ist Pattern Haco Berlin

Article about: Hi i have been offered this dagger it is first pattern haco of Berlin the cross guard is stamped with a b, i was hoping someone could help me out with this please if it is real or a parts da

?

Thank you for showing the internal crossguard marking, there is no doubt that this set is an Original Haco used set.

Regards,
    Ger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger Ist Pattern Haco Berlin
    P
    Many

I feel these marks on your SA (or any SA/SS dagger) are from being stored in the scabbard with dirty or oily runners just eating away those places...the dirt in the scabbards is amazing. I have cleaned oil, wax, verdigris, hard caked on the runners of most all of my daggers. The ease of sliding in and out of the scabbards becomes like new once the crud is off the runners. Then, Renwax on the entire dagger, grip, blade and the whole scabbard. I published an article on WAF showing how to do the cleaning process. You can still see it, but it is credited to 'anonymous' or something.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger Ist Pattern Haco Berlin  

?

I have been told by one of the greatest weapon and black smith alive who is very gifted artist (Gotcha Lagidse, just google his name) that these watermarks appear when the blade has been stored with way to many oil on the blade.
    In time the oil evaporates and water residu stays behind, that water residu will makes these stains.

regards
    Ger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12