Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SA Dagger by J.P. Sauer & Sohn

Article about: I have never seen such a black SA dagger! J.P. Sauer and his sons made fine weapons. I own a 1942 K98 that they made. It's by far the best K98 I have ever handled.

Default SA Dagger by J.P. Sauer & Sohn

Here is the only SA Dress Dagger in my collection.
    As my interests in WW II Germany do not really include the political aspect, I, so far, have decided to only obtain one example of this dagger. Being an edged weapons collector, I had to have one.
    It is an early one by J.P. Sauer & Sohn. It is not mint, but rather shows some wear and no abuse. The etch is still quite dark and visable. The blade is clean with some runner marks. The fittings are in good order, and the handle has a few dings.
    Overall, I felt that it was a good choice for the only example in my collection.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger by J.P. Sauer & Sohn   SA Dagger by J.P. Sauer & Sohn  

SA Dagger by J.P. Sauer & Sohn   SA Dagger by J.P. Sauer & Sohn  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger by J.P. Sauer & Sohn
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA Dagger by J.P. Sauer & Sohn

Hi, Ralph. Nice NSKK dagger. I have an SA from the same maker.
    It is odd that the grip is very dark, almost black in the photos.
    Perhaps it has been stained.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks Steve.
    If it was stained, it was done a long time ago. Here are a couple more photos of the handle.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger by J.P. Sauer & Sohn   SA Dagger by J.P. Sauer & Sohn  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It looks less black in these new pics. It could be that a polishing compound
    has entered the wood and darkened it some. I have seen very lightly
    toned early grips and have one that is very dark brown, as yours is.

below are some grips to compare.........

Regards,

Steve.

I don't think there is anything to do with a polishing compound. I believe it is original. I have seen many different shades of brown on handles. I like the blonde ones as well as the dark ones.
    Ralph.

Other than the normal runner marks, your blade is fantastic.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Very nice piece! It's odd-we were just talking here a few days ago about SS daggers coming in an SA brown-style tint and here you have an SA dagger in an SS black-style tint. It shows you things weren't as rigidly regulated as everyone thinks.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Very nice piece! It's odd-we were just talking here a few days ago about SS daggers coming in an SA brown-style tint and here you have an SA dagger in an SS black-style tint. It shows you things weren't as rigidly regulated as everyone thinks.
    Thanks William!
    How very true. It just goes to show, never say never.
    Ralph.

Very nice indeed.

I have seen several black handled "SA" daggers before. The late British dagger dealer had several. I bet Ronnie had seen them too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

There is quite a difference betwee the first and second batch of pics. It does not look as black in the second post

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast