Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sa dagger klittermann & moog

Article about: This belongs to a friend who would like some opinions on its authenticity. There is some damage to the handle due I believe to over tightening, some of the cross grinding is still visible, t

?

Default Sa dagger klittermann & moog

This belongs to a friend who would like some opinions on its authenticity. There is some damage to the handle due I believe to over tightening, some of the cross grinding is still visible, the top cross guard has some damage and the scabbard ball is a little flat. The marks on the blade on the top two photos are reflections ! I can take more photos if neccesary.
    Would anyone be able to give a rough valuation ? I have still not found an SS dagger to buy yet if any one wants to sell, (as per my last post).
    Regards, Keith
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sa dagger klittermann & moog   Sa dagger klittermann & moog  

Sa dagger klittermann & moog   Sa dagger klittermann & moog  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sa dagger klittermann & moog
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Sa dagger klittermann & moog

Looks authentic.
    K & M is rated a "6" in rarity out of 10 being the rarest.

-wagner-

?

Keith with the grip slightly damage i would value this SA dagger at £400-£450max , its a nice desirable maker klittermann & moog
    Regards Scott.

I agree, a good original dagger.

Cheers, Ade.

Had to blow off the dust on this thread and a perfect example when questioning rarity and the use of past rarity lists for ( only ) Early SA daggers.

This Dagger Rates a 6 in rarity...my question..how many of this Producer that made SA daggers do we presently see..that ANY rarity list may apply in this present day? Back in the day when the McSaar and Siegerts lists were studied and assembled ..would make sense in the amount of sightings or " Frequency in sightings " that would put many of these hard to find producers presently in an easily found category low to mid number.

Klittermann and Moog Produced :
    Early SA ..Frequency in sightings 3/1000 ..Gruppe mark "Nrh" Those sightings do not represent the current rarity lists of this present day. Many seemed still confused by this,,that once what was plentiful are now a rarity..this perfect example is a rarity and if another rarity list were to be produced.. I can guarantee that this number would be at a 10!.. based on present day sightings and not production numbers which are not available.

The 1000 is based on an order of 1000 daggers according to surviving invoices of a small handful of producers.
    The 3 being how many have been sighted during the study and compilation of statistics in the current rarity lists. Those lists when first published were VERY ACCURATE and true during that period..more so accurate is the McSaar in a in hand study of 16000+ daggers by the Author.

The more seen the less in rarity per 1000 assumed period produced.

The scabbard fittings in the current light used ..appear to be the plated variety..but just my thoughts ..could be polished nickel. The gaurds give off a yellowed hue which may be either to the present lighting used..or rarely seen high nickel content in Nickel guards seen on a certain few Early SS producers. This makes sense with this producer using these high content nickel guards. I would ask for better photos..but I see that this thread is from 7 yrs ago.

Also Produced:
    Early SS
    RZM 324/ 37 SS .... with exclamation point at the end of the Motto. ... Meine Ehre Hiesst Treue !
    SA RZM7/29
    HJ Knives
    Dress Bayonets
    Firefighters Bayonets

If anyone finds an SA Klittermann & Moog dagger in the Early SA dagger collectors world..you found a piece of Gold..and would surely be a great highlight in any collection especially next to an early SS Moog example. These 2 are the gate keeper and keymaster in the early political dagger realm. "The Two become One" with each other..if ever displayed together. Really cool stuff .
    This dagger IMO is presently a 9 as I have seen another recently on a thread here on the WRF

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I have seen more 8, 9, and even some 10 rated makers, more often than I have seen of this '6' on McSAAR (old list).

Good Point Larry.

?

Quote by wagner View Post
    I have seen more 8, 9, and even some 10 rated makers, more often than I have seen of this '6' on McSAAR (old list).

Good Point Larry.

Ditto, you see the dual marked Transitional SA version more than the early SA version

Yes they made a very nice transitional. With 2 variations of marks!
    https://www.lakesidetrader.com/pics/SA-13141d.jpg
    https://www.lakesidetrader.com/pics/SA-14430d.jpg
    Last edited by Lakesidetrader; 01-28-2016 at 01:37 PM.