Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

SA Dagger + Luft Dagger

Article about: I have a guy who is selling some WWII items which include an SA dagger, Luft dagger, a couple armbands, paper items (magazines, stamps), coins, and an iron cross WWI and WWII. He claims they

Default SA Dagger + Luft Dagger

I have a guy who is selling some WWII items which include an SA dagger, Luft dagger, a couple armbands, paper items (magazines, stamps), coins, and an iron cross WWI and WWII. He claims they are from his uncle who was in the ETO, who gave them to his dad and now his dad passed away and he does not want them. Can anyone tell by these pics if the daggers look real? Anyone recognize the makers mark? My first post, so forgive me if there are errors! Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger + Luft Dagger   SA Dagger + Luft Dagger  

SA Dagger + Luft Dagger   SA Dagger + Luft Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger + Luft Dagger
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA Dagger + Luft Dagger

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Both of these are not original. However, these are early repros made from some original parts. The GI's thirst for souvenirs knew no bounds and by the late 1940's former dagger makers were assembling daggers from parts but making new bits for those which had ran out of stock. The SA dagger blade is a repro made back then. That makers mark (B&A) appears on this type of souvenir dagger only and not on period originals . Also note the hgh sharp spine to the blade. Sometimes the grips are plastic on these too, unlike any original. The Luftwaffe dagger has a completly wrong scabbard too. So the story may not be a lie: the soldier could have picked these up in the occupation period in Germany. So don't dismiss the other items out of hand, but do get them checked out here though.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks for the info! I was HOPING they were real because the price for the lot--2 daggers, 3 armbands (2 are listed on another catagory of this forum), paper items, Iron Crosses, etc. is $450. But, I will have to re-negotiate the price since the 2 main things are repros. Thanks again....you saved me alot of money!

My pleasure!

Perhaps oddly enough to some, there are a few collectors who find these type of daggers of interest as collectables in their own right. But the value of them is limited.

Cheers, Ade.