Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SA Dagger - M7/85 Arthur Evertz - Real or Fake?

Article about: Hello, I have run across an SA Dagger for sale of which my research has revealed that it is an SA Dagger manufactured late in WWII by Arthur Evertz. I could use some help in determining that

Default SA Dagger - M7/85 Arthur Evertz - Real or Fake?

Hello,
    I have run across an SA Dagger for sale of which my research has revealed that it is an SA Dagger manufactured late in WWII by Arthur Evertz.

I could use some help in determining that the dagger is real. My father is a collector of WWII firearms and thus we lack expertise in the real/fake debate of edged weapons. I plan on purchasing this for my father for his birthday in a few days should your help determine that I'm not wasting my time and money.

Thank you, your help and guidance is much appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3559 (2).jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	187.9 KB 
ID:	917111Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3560 (2).jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	218.3 KB 
ID:	917112Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3561 (2).jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	173.9 KB 
ID:	917113Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3562 (2).jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	218.2 KB 
ID:	917114Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3563 (2).jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	917115

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    The fit and finish looks okay to me, I don't see any red flags but wait for other opinions from some of our members with more experience.
    I think your father is a lucky person!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Nice Find Seminole..I also agree with Ralph..I see no outstanding issues. I feel that out of most late RZM types..which are somewhat thrown together during production..this example is solid and crafted well. Nice to see that.

The black scabbard designates an NSKK dagger.

Welcome to the forum by the way. Enjoy your stay. Nice late period SA. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I agree with ralph. I looks ok to me. Being rather salty in some areas and shows its age. average later RZM SA dagger. Gen
    What would you know about victory? I killed a she-wolf in her den, armed with only a knife. I escaped the Caughnawaga Indians who sought to burn me alive. And, I was the sole survivor of a shipwreck at the Battle of Havana. So you'll excuse me if I choose not to follow your advice." ―Israel Putnam speaking to a Continental Army officer at the Battle of Bunker Hill.

sorry about that I did comment on it being a nskk I could not tell if it was brown or black near the throat looked dark brown. Semimole is the scabbard solid black
    Thanks
    Gen
    What would you know about victory? I killed a she-wolf in her den, armed with only a knife. I escaped the Caughnawaga Indians who sought to burn me alive. And, I was the sole survivor of a shipwreck at the Battle of Havana. So you'll excuse me if I choose not to follow your advice." ―Israel Putnam speaking to a Continental Army officer at the Battle of Bunker Hill.

GeneralPutnam,
    I have not seen the dagger in person yet. A friend has it in his possession and when I asked the same question he told me brown. It looks black in my opinion in the pictures he sent me (those posted). The limited research I've conducted on the internet has turned up similar pictures.

Wittmann Militaria #35019C Mid-Period SA Dagger (RZM M7/85)

Name:	35019.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	917235 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35019j.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	917236

Name:	35019l.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	917237

Thanks to all of you for your time and guidance on this.
    Last edited by Larry C; 12-26-2015 at 03:51 PM.

Larry C.
    Thanks for your help

The scabbard looks black to me, NSKK.
    Ralph.
    Either way, it is original and pretty much worth the asking price in this condition. IMO.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hard to tell with the lighting, but the sheath May be simply dark brown and in dim light. I am more concerned about the Sticker that is stuck onto the upper sheath fitting. I would strongly recommend removing it and carefully cleaning the glue residue off of the metal. If a tag is needed, use one that ties on and run it through the hanger loop. In any case, a nice dagger and by a seldom seen maker. The hunting dagger is nice also! Well found!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Looks like a nice piece, nice patina.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast