Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Dagger Mistake Yes/No? Follow-up

Article about: Hello sirs, I'm back with follow up pictures to the question I posed earlier this week. This is my first SA style dagger and it feels a bit flimsier than I was expecting. Best, Rob

Default SA Dagger Mistake Yes/No? Follow-up

Hello sirs,

I'm back with follow up pictures to the question I posed earlier this week. This is my first SA style dagger and it feels a bit flimsier than I was expecting.

Best,
    Rob

SA Dagger Mistake Yes/No?  Follow-up
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger Mistake Yes/No?  Follow-up   SA Dagger Mistake Yes/No?  Follow-up  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger Mistake Yes/No?  Follow-up
    P
    Many

Hi Rob..no worries ..I have handled varied late RZM types..some feeling lighter than others ....again..nothing wrong with it and very typical of the material usage of the times..due to certain shortages of steel.

I would encourage a walk through either the upcoming SOS or next years Max how and pick up and hold early to late SA daggers. Look at them and study them..you will take home an education even if you dont buy anything..and knowledge is priceless.

This type of wood is late period..and NOTHING wrong with it . I would encourage you also look into investing an Early SA dagger. They hold their Value more so than the Late SA type. The Early SA Movement is where the value lies...as the SA dwindled in power due to the Usurping of the SS. The late SA organization was reduced to party functions and parades. ...In short..they lost their Bite !!

The materials and craftmanship are superior..and thick and heavy in hand. Its how I try to tell my wife ..and she laughs

Congrats on your purchase Joe

Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 12-14-2017 at 10:57 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Much thanks for the education Mr. Larry.. I probably won't make the SOS show but there is a nice military shop close by that has a number of these types of daggers. I will swing by there and study the difference in person. And yes, I'll be on the look out for an early model now.

I live in a huge military area. Numerous bases for all branches within 15 minutes of my home so of course lots of current and old timer retired military folks in the area. I'll retire in one year and then will have the time to beat the bushes for more of these items.

Years ago I started buying and selling modern militaria (because it is so plentiful here) to help pay for my collecting habit, with my main interest in WW2 era. I then started collecting some of the modern items too, mostly SEAL stuff since Teams 2,4,6, 8, and 10 are 15 minutes from me. As far as modern items go, I mostly only keep what I get direct from the user and have some history to go along with the items.

Anyway.. sorry to get off on the tangent.

The side story on this dagger is that the sellers father grew up in Poland during the war. The story goes that the father fought with the Polish and Russians and brought the dagger to the US when he moved here after the war. Who knows...

Thank you again very much for the help.

Best,
    Rob

?

Im with Larry, a very nice genuine SA dagger.
    As stated the earlier ones are way heavier then the late zinq cast based RZM ones.
    In fact yours is very well build for a RZM dagger, handle to guards fit is realy good.
    Hörster did build quality RZM daggers.

Congratz, and now its time to save some money for a nice early bird

Ger
    Last edited by Larry C; 12-14-2017 at 10:57 AM.

Thank you very much Ger. Next on the list of things to buy is indeed an early SA.

Best,
    Rob

A very nice dagger. My first was an RZM as well and I later graduated to early ones. The RZM daggers seem to be how a lot of collectors start.

Thank you.. I typically look for older models of whatever the area of my collecting. This dagger was more of an impulse buy and not much forethought went into it so I wasn't really thinking about older vs. newer, but now I will keep my eyes open for an older model.

Best,
    Rob

?

Quote by JoeFriday View Post
    Thank you.. I typically look for older models of whatever the area of my collecting. This dagger was more of an impulse buy and not much forethought went into it so I wasn't really thinking about older vs. newer, but now I will keep my eyes open for an older model.

Best,
    Rob
    Ohh Boyyyyyyyyy the bladevirus is kicking in......another one lost

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Ohh Boyyyyyyyyy the bladevirus is kicking in......another one lost
    I've had the blade virus for 30+ years..just not the German blade virus..I do have a few German blades but mostly US from 1800's to current. I am going to put more effort into acquiring at least several more German blades though. Now that I think about it..yes, I may be lost.

Best,
    Rob

I Also agree, this dagger looks all original and in very good condition.

Horster is one of my favorite dagger producers looking at the quality of their daggers early or late, and the makers mark on the early types is really cool.

Regards Raf

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast