Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA dagger, opinions?

Article about: This just arrived in the mail today and I was wondering what everyone's feelings were on it. Condition is a bit rough, but if it checks out I'll be happy with it. Thanks. Todd

Default SA dagger, opinions?

This just arrived in the mail today and I was wondering what everyone's feelings were on it. Condition is a bit rough, but if it checks out I'll be happy with it. Thanks.

Todd

SA dagger, opinions?SA dagger, opinions?SA dagger, opinions?SA dagger, opinions?SA dagger, opinions?SA dagger, opinions?SA dagger, opinions?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA dagger, opinions?
    P
    Many

A later SA made by WKC. It does have a few points to examine, though. It has been opened and taken down at some time in its life and the nut shows this. The guards are of the later plated types and are exhibiting a considerable amount of flaking. But, more troubling is that the grip eagle looks to have been removed at one point and has been replaced. The pick marks around it in the wood are clearly visible. I'm not Really comfortable with the gaps on guards to wood parts either -it is abit wide and I'd usually like to see it tighter to the metal. Some shrinkage is normal, but this one may be just that bit too much,but this is just my opinion, of course. Does this have a sheath?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Todd, I would agree with the points raised by William.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Blade has been sharpened too? I hope this was a cheap buy?

Hi Todd welcome to the forum... I also agree with Williams comments. Photos first always before you purchase something you are unsure of. Post them here which for sure you will receive an explanation. Your hard earned money should be taken into consideration first before your item of purchase. We have all been down that road also. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks everyone. So it would seem that the blade has been Frankensteined together from different parts? Its not an out and out fake, but not entirely genuine either? It does not have a sheath also. I paid $200 for it, which seemed reasonable given the damage to the blade, but if its no good I still might be able to get my money back. Thanks.

Todd

Hello Todd, Actually, for the most part, it is likely mostly original, but the grip has certainly had Something done to it. Either a bad grip was replaced with one in good shape but missing it's eagle and one was inserted into it to "restore" it, or something similar I imagine. Someone could have hunted down a parts dagger and used the stripped down grip from it to replace a missing or broken grip that was on this one. So, the best case scenario, it is maybe authentic except for the grip and it's eagle as well. If possible, I would try to get your money back, as it is, in the end, just a parts dagger itself now and missing it's sheath too. And, yes- $200 is a terribly over priced value given it's circumstances. Sorry for the bad news, but it's always better to Know than to have and Not know.
    William

I appreciate all the info. Worst case scenario, if I can't return it, maybe I'll buy a new grip. Theres one up on gunbroker right now from a reputable seller. Thanks again

Todd

Hello Todd, Uh..well..actually, a different grip wouldn't Really gain you too much, as the dagger basically has a replaced grip Already, so you'd just be changing one for another. But, I suppose, maybe the newer one might be a better fit than the one that's on it is, and the eagle might not look at bad as this one does, so it's up to you. Whatever is done, it'll will always be a parts dagger, but you may end up with one looking abit better than it does now. I wouldn't recommend putting too much money into it, though, as it's already passed it's top value when you paid the $200 for it. Any chance of simply getting a refund instead?
    William

You can still find decent late rzm examples for 500 if you get your money back and save up for a bit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast