Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sa dagger opinions needed thank you!

Article about: hi guys! i 've got the opportunity to buy this Sa Dagger and i would like to have your opinion about it ! the blade seems to be in good state as the scabbard . I only see some scratch on the

Lightbulb Sa dagger opinions needed thank you!

hi guys!
    i 've got the opportunity to buy this Sa Dagger and i would like to have your opinion about it !
    the blade seems to be in good state as the scabbard .
    I only see some scratch on the crossguard
    and a missing screw .
    i know it's an horster ,and seems to be original from what i found on the internet
    can you confirm that this one is original , have no issues and is not a part dagger?
    thank you very much !!
    regards
    Sa dagger opinions needed thank you!Sa dagger opinions needed thank you!Sa dagger opinions needed thank you!Sa dagger opinions needed thank you!Sa dagger opinions needed thank you!Sa dagger opinions needed thank you!Sa dagger opinions needed thank you!Sa dagger opinions needed thank you!Sa dagger opinions needed thank you!Sa dagger opinions needed thank you!Sa dagger opinions needed thank you!Sa dagger opinions needed thank you!Sa dagger opinions needed thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sa dagger opinions needed thank you!
    P
    Many

Hi DarkM. There is good and bad news......the good news is... the dagger is authentic..the bad news is ..this dagger has been opened and messed with an a couple of places....fist the tang nut shows swirl marks on the top guard..this dagger has been opened and Im not too keen on the wood grip fit to the lower crossguard. The other messed with area..is the scabbard throat has been replaced and is not original to the dagger...... and or has been opened and put back cleaned up. Someone had their fingers all over the dagger and scabbard. The grip is the early Fruitwood type commonly seen on EP&S daggers. It is more common to see early grips on mid period transitionals..than on later RZM types..but there have been cases that some grips were left over from somewhere. Again the grip fit is poor. The runes button has been replaced..and if this was an original grip..there would be no gapping around the circumference of the button.
    The guards are an oddity showing brass beneath the silver plating.
    The blade is nice and clean. Nothing wrong with it. I feel you might want to be a little more patient..and wait for a better whole and unmessed with piece of history..than the one being offered here. IMO not one for my collection. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Agreed. Nothing more to add.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

hi guys
    thank you very much larryc for this crystal clear explanation !
    this is the answer that new collector like me wants to read !
    today i learn a litle bit more again and know where to look at for the next one
    best regards and have a nice day !