Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA dagger at pawn shop today. Are they really worth a lot?

Article about: I don't know anything about daggers and I saw this at a pawn shop today, are these really 750 Bucks?. I think it is real, It has the feel. I took a few photos and I was just wondering. I thi

Default SA dagger at pawn shop today. Are they really worth a lot?

I don't know anything about daggers and I saw this at a pawn shop today, are these really 750 Bucks?. I think it is real, It has the feel. I took a few photos and I was just wondering. I think the handle is crack. I did not buy this.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA dagger at pawn shop today. Are they really worth a lot?   SA dagger at pawn shop today. Are they really worth a lot?  

SA dagger at pawn shop today. Are they really worth a lot?   SA dagger at pawn shop today. Are they really worth a lot?  

SA dagger at pawn shop today. Are they really worth a lot?   SA dagger at pawn shop today. Are they really worth a lot?  

SA dagger at pawn shop today. Are they really worth a lot?  
    Last edited by rbminis; 01-30-2016 at 11:29 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA dagger at pawn shop today. Are they really worth a lot?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Not worth anywhere near $750 IMHO

Here a thread on an F. Dick dagger. Larry gives a good description of what to look for.

F. Dick SA Dagger Partial Ground Rohm for Review

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

that's what I thought, seemed a little high, I just wanted to share what people think this stuff is worth, A pawn shop or not! it's like come on!..

Thank you map, Ill check that out!

Looks like it might be a nice survivor, but unfortunately... plenty of signs of owner abuse, excessive cleaning, taking apart with grandpa's rusty old slip joint pliers, etc... I imagine it's probably still worth $500 in this condition. I hope it finds a good home.

Here's a GREAT thread started by Larry C. with all of the SA Gruppe markings, and which daggers they belong on.

SA Gruppe marks known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers

Save this!

This F. Dick has one of the three correct Gruppe markings, so chances are, even though it's been messed with a little, it's still as it was issued to an SA mann, 80 years ago!!!

thank you, I will have to study this

I can only add that this isn't a heer dagger, but rather a early SA dagger.

Hhaha, yeah, good catch ;-)

You should edit the thread title, if you still can.

If not, Larry can do it and switch it to the right category also.

oops, I cant edit it, sorry its in the wrong place.

looks like a helping hand had already edited and moved it to the correct forum. Thankyou
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Over the past couple of years SA daggers (even nicer early ones) have taken a hit in terms of value and even desirability. Just two years ago we could see even decent late-war RZM SA daggers selling for several hundred. The market seems to be getting a bit saturated as these are being discovered more often as our veterans pass away. In my experience they've almost surpassed Heer daggers in terms of popularity among the veterans (in terms of preferred war trophies).

The dagger you posted is in very rough condition for the price. In fact, look closely at the finish on the scabbard and you'll see that it has been repainted using some kind of modern "fleck" paint. The blade is in very poor condition. For the money you noted you could get a really nice SA dagger so don't give this one a second look. PM me and I can make some recommendations on where to go for a quality SA dagger that you can trust to be complete and original at a reasonable price.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast