Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA dagger rarity list?

Article about: I have just brought my first SA dagger and i keep on seeing references to the Mcsarr rarity list? Can someone please tell how accurate it is and how to get it? regards Luke

?

Default SA dagger rarity list?

I have just brought my first SA dagger and i keep on seeing references to the
    Mcsarr rarity list?
    Can someone please tell how accurate it is and how to get it?

regards
    Luke

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA dagger rarity list?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA dagger rarity list?

Hi Luke, I have copied this old post from 2009 from Mike who compliled the list. Drop him a line:

The final McSARR, the rarity rating for early SA daggers is available by mail. Cost is $15 postpaid in the US, $16 postpaid to Canada, Europe and South America, $17 postpaid to Australia and Asia. All funds must be in US dollars. You may use Paypal but add $1 to the total. Checks are fine. Contact at nmcalvanah@centurytel.net or by mail at
    Mike McAlvanah
    281 Grand Lake Drive
    Arnaudville LA 70512
    USA

It is fairly accurate and frankly is about as good as it will ever get and is complied from his handling of SA daggers over 30 odd years.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks for the help Ade,my dagger has the group mark for Niederrhein and from looking at the map it seems to be quite a small area.
    does this affect the rarity ?

Hi Luke, most daggers on the collectors market tend to come from Western Germany naturally through districts where the British and American Armies advanced. Those from Eastern Germany which the Red Army advanced through tend to be less often seen. But it does not make a huge difference to values. I have never seen a big different in asking price down to SA Gruppe district alone.

Cheers, Ade.