Become our sponsor and display your banner here

SA dagger... Real or repro?

Article about: I;ve been offered this SA dagger but i know nothing about telling the real from the fake ones! Can you help me? Bad photo quality, i know and i'm sorry, but this is the only clue i have for

Default SA dagger... Real or repro?

I;ve been offered this SA dagger but i know nothing about telling the real from the fake ones! Can you help me? Bad photo quality, i know and i'm sorry, but this is the only clue i have for telling if it is real or repro! Any help would be welcomed as always!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03112012418.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	236.0 KB 
ID:	420733   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03112012417.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	233.1 KB 
ID:	420732  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03112012419.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	226.7 KB 
ID:	420734   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03112012420.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	239.3 KB 
ID:	420735  

Name:	03112012421.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	233.4 KB 
ID:	420736   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03112012422.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	200.9 KB 
ID:	420737  

Name:	03112012423.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	176.1 KB 
ID:	420738   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03112012424.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	232.0 KB 
ID:	420739  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA dagger... Real or repro?

Hi Lizardking,, can you re shoot your photos without the flash,, in a well lit room or outside but not in direct sunlight. Your dagger you posted is hard to see the details. The flash creates too much reflection and our members here can not give you the best analysis. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Yes i know this is hard to tell but these pictures are the only ones the seller gave me along with a promise for better shots in a few days!

I would wait for the better photos as all I can see is that your SA dagger is an Eickhorn Ground Rohm. But it would be best to see better and clearer pics for detail,,the gruppe mark,,,and the number on the crossguard. After you receive the photos we can proceed. Best Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 11-08-2012 at 01:52 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Despite the pictures its good to see its a ground Rohm, double oval Eickhorn Logo, all seems period.
    Scabbard is anodized like it should, nice thing is is stamped on the guard with an enlist SA number....
    Scabbard fittings and crossguard are the silver/nickle type, as it should.
    Blade condition is hard to tell with this flash.

AND it would look even better the otherway around in the scabbard ( copyright Ade )

Cheers Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 11-08-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Ger you beat me to it!

Even with these lousy pics, I would give this one a cautious thumbs up.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you guys! I wil post better pics as soon as i get them! So far it is granted as "good"... Right?

So far!!....but detailed pics would be the final blessing.

I am with the guys ground Rohm