Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Dagger with Remnants of Rohm Inscription

Article about: Hi, I purchased this SA dagger, with remnants of the Rohm dedication still visible (circled in red), a couple years ago and am curious to know a little more about its history. Any input is a

?

Default SA Dagger with Remnants of Rohm Inscription

Hi, I purchased this SA dagger, with remnants of the Rohm dedication still visible (circled in red), a couple years ago and am curious to know a little more about its history. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!
    Dzyner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger with Remnants of Rohm Inscription   SA Dagger with Remnants of Rohm Inscription  

SA Dagger with Remnants of Rohm Inscription   SA Dagger with Remnants of Rohm Inscription  

SA Dagger with Remnants of Rohm Inscription   SA Dagger with Remnants of Rohm Inscription  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger with Remnants of Rohm Inscription
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA Dagger with Remnants of Rohm Inscription

Ades your man on this one

?

Hi Dzyner , in a short version , Ernst Rohm was ordered to be killed by Hitler thus removing his opposition in the nazi party , this occured on the 2nd July 1934 and was known as the " night of the long knives " . After this event was completed , Hitler ordered that all Rohm dedications were removed from daggers . Some were re-ground in factories , and some were done by the owners in what is known as " back yard jobs " , which has been the case with your example , and congratulations on a very nice piece of history ,

cheers Al

Hi Dzyner, it looks great. Nice example.

Just out of interest, is the underside of the lower crossguard marked with a small number?

Cheers, Ade.

?

Ade, so I guess this is authentic then, right

I will have a look at the lower crossguard when I get home in a bit. What is the significance?

Also, what can you tell me about this dagger that Al didn't cover? Is there anything about the markings that you see in the photos that maybe make this more rare than others? Do the remaining Rohm markings that were not filed make this dagger more valuable? What do you think of the condition...average, above/below avg?

Hi Dzyner, the condition is good. Totally original.

The initials on the scabbard are interesting. I wonder if these were done by the original owner or possibly by the guy who took it as a souvenir.

The benchmark number was stamped on by the worker who assembled the dagger. I have a ground Rohm by the same maker (shown on the forum) and this is stamped with a small number 2.

The amount of dedication left does not make the dagger more valueable. But obviously a ground Rohm is worth more than a standard SA.

The "ns" on the crossguard is the SA Gruppe mark. See my pinned thread if you are not aware of which one this represents.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Ade,

I checked the bottom of the crossguard and there are no numbers or letters, just smooth. Is that bad?

As for the initials on the scabbard, the gentleman I purchased it from says they were there when his Uncle (who brought it back from the war) gave it to him. Since they aren't his uncle's initials, he assumed they were the initials of the original owner. I just wish there was some way to cross reference these initials with members of the SA. I don't suppose that's possible?

In your experience, what do you think the value is of this Dagger?

I also have a Heer dagger, and a Kriegsmarine dagger, both of which I will likely post photos of next.

Hi, no the lack of benchmark numbers is not vital. They are not always present.

No, research is not possible on SA daggers. A pity I know.

Sadly, I am not really up to speed on current values. But do a search on dealers sites and I am sure you will get an idea.

I look forwards to seeing your other daggers

Cheers, Ade.

Bx3mE
    ?

Hi! I stumbled over this thread and noticed the fake(?) in the beginning of this thread. I have a similar knife guaranteed authentic. Inscriptions are: "Meine ehre heist treue" and the other side: "????????????????????H.Himler" Markings are ((FZ/M)) and M7/36. It is in a used condition complete with holster also in matching condition. It was recovered during the war by a family member.

Im am wondering the estimated value of this item?

If anyone is interested in buying i can e-mail hi res images.

Exclamation Re: SA Dagger with Remnants of Rohm Inscription

Quote by Bx3mE View Post
    Hi! I stumbled over this thread and noticed the fake(?) in the beginning of this thread. I have a similar knife guaranteed authentic. Inscriptions are: "Meine ehre heist treue" and the other side: "????????????????????H.Himler" Markings are ((FZ/M)) and M7/36. It is in a used condition complete with holster also in matching condition. It was recovered during the war by a family member.

Im am wondering the estimated value of this item?

If anyone is interested in buying i can e-mail hi res images.
    Auction: For SALE: SS Dagger with himler inscription - Used and genuine
    I see you have listed this as genuine. This was recovered during the war by a family member? Perhaps you can post side views of the handle to your auction to show that the handle is plastic. I can see a seam along the edge. By the way, it isn't polite to push an item in someone elses thread; especially for a first posting.

Note to original poster:
    Sorry to post this here Dzyner and corrupt your thread, but since it was mentioned here I am posting this question here. BTW, that is a beautiful ground SA.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast