Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

SA Dagger RZM M7/49

Article about: Hello! What do you guys think about this dagger? original? i got an offer to buy this for 700 euros? do you think its a fair price? Best Regards Tobias.

Default SA Dagger RZM M7/49

Hello!

What do you guys think about this dagger? original? i got an offer to buy this for 700 euros?
    do you think its a fair price?

Best Regards Tobias.SA Dagger RZM M7/49SA Dagger RZM M7/49SA Dagger RZM M7/49SA Dagger RZM M7/49

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger RZM M7/49
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I would defer to Larry and others on originality. But Euro 700 is a rip off. In this condition it wouldn't even be 1/4th of that. Terrible condition to say the least. Just being honest to save you from being swindled. I will say that I know little about the maker (Gebruder Bell) but doubt it is rare.

For less than Euro 700 you could have this piece (and this is at full on dealer pricing)

Wittmann Militaria #33158 Late SA Dagger - RZM M7/27 (Pumawerke)

Or an early ground Rohm for roughly the same price

Wittmann Militaria #32441 Early SA Ground Roehm E.P. & S.

My point is. A bit of easy research will tell you most of what you need to know.

Besides Whittmann you can also check out Lakeside Traders. All for less than what you are being offered.

https://www.lakesidetrader.com/Germa...K/#RZM-Daggers
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Sound advice, I would listen and heed to.
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

thanks for reply yeah i know i can get better price but not with shipping and import taxes from the USA, can you recomend any european dealers?

Best Regards Tobias.

MAP
    ?

You can check out the forum sponsors. But hopefully some of our European member can recommend other dealers.

What ever you do, do not buy this dagger. (IMHO)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

While original, it is just too much money.

Shop around and you will find one cheaper here in Europe.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The dagger as Michael says is not worth anything close to 700 Eu. The dagger is correct for the time period and materials used.

There has been debate about the use of the "dot" seen between the M.7 as possibly being period or postwar. Some can not figure out why the RZM would of placed that dot there. No answers have been found..but SA and SS dagger collectors feel due to the blade construction..it is authentic.

For me personally I choose to stay away from details like this that are unsupported. Personal preference..the 700Eu is a test of ones intelligence to see if you will pay to have your kidneys removed

The condition of this dagger and for what it is..I would not more than $100 US

Michael has posted some great comparative links.
    Happy New Year Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi, just some modest advice. There's three different types of these M33 SA daggers. The early, transitional and late types... Early models (1933-'34) had nickel guards and fittings, or as they say in Germany Neusilber or Buntmetall.

The scabbards were anodized and the grips were mostly fruitwood and handcarved with a perfect fit to the guards. They all had the maker mark on the blade e.g. Eickhorn, Wusthof,.. Most searched for. Early models have the lower 'reverse' crossguard Gruppe or Gau marked (e.g. 'B' for Berlin or 'Th' for Thüringen) Transitional daggers ('35- '37) (sometimes) had painted scabbards, and other material than nickel was sometimes used.

They sometimes had a maker mark and the RZM number (Reichszeugmeisterei) given to the specific maker on the blade. For daggers that is RZM M7/... No Gau mark. Late daggers didn't have these perfect fabrication standards that the early ones had. They had painted scabbards, nickel plated steel or zinc guards, RZM grips, aluminium or even zinc eagles.... And the RZM number on the blade. Again no Gau mark.

What you have to look for at first is the condition of the blade. Crossgrain! Avoid polished or smudged and spotted blades. Look for darkening of the motto and the maker's mark. And see if the grip fits the guards... Yours is a late type, but the nickel plating is mostly gone, and the blade is dirty with not much darkening to the motto left. Is has the aluminium eagle, the grip looks nice though. The guards look familiar to Böker. But in this condition, as said in post 2, a third of the price or even better a nice textbook early one for 700 euros. Cheers Bart
    Last edited by Larry C; 01-28-2018 at 02:38 AM.

Thanks alot for info i will not pay the 700 euro, i will continue looking and searching and post them here!

Happy New Year!

Best Regards Tobias.
    Last edited by Larry C; 12-30-2017 at 12:53 AM.

Tobias, since I've done the same - you can buy safely from Thomas Wittmann, he ships to the UK, declares customs there for a relativley small sum and ships from there to Germany. Give it a try!