Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA dagger - Tiger

Article about: I have this Brown SA Daggers and i need to know the age of this item. The ensignia is RZM Solisten. And above the mark solingen is stamped TIGER and above Tiger is a drawn tiger picture. The

Default SA dagger - Tiger

I have this Brown SA Daggers and i need to know the age of this item. The ensignia is RZM Solisten. And above the mark solingen is stamped TIGER and above Tiger is a drawn tiger picture. There is no marks other than these exept the "Alles fur Deutzland" on the other side.

- - ------- - -

Solingen not Solisten

- - ------- - -

Solingen not Solisten

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA dagger - Tiger
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum.

We would be glad to help but could you upload some pictures for us to review.

This guide should help

Visual Guide to Upload Photos

From your description it sounds like you have a transitional which I think is between '35 to'38? But I am not sure. Others can confirm.

Does it have a Gruppe mark on the cross guard?

Look at this thread to compare (different maker)

Transitional Holler SA dagger

SA Transitional Gebruder Grafrath
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Default SA Daggert

There ære no markings on the crossguard only markings on the blade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA dagger - Tiger  

Another picture of the same Daggers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA dagger - Tiger  

MAP
    ?

Would love to see multiple photos of the whole dagger and scabbard. Grip, blade, cross guards, nut, etc. Try taking them in natural light without a flash. Outdoors in the shade works well. Look at Transitional Holler thread of examples of what I am talking about.

Will help the guys here with evaluating the dagger. And maybe even determine if it is early or late in the period that I mentioned
    Last edited by MAP; 11-13-2017 at 05:07 AM. Reason: absolutely terrible spelling. thats what you get using a cell phone
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello Bellini..welcome to the forum..please post a few more photos using NO flash and please use a steady hand or tripod when taking photos. This will lessen any chance of a blurry photo.

Front and reverse sides of
    The blade
    the grip
    top of upper cross guard looking down on tang nut.

From what I can see of the blade you have a rarely seen Lauterjung & Co. " Tiger" Transitional period blade.

More photos please as requested by MAP above.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Default More Pictures of the same dagger.

More Pictures of the same dagger.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA dagger - Tiger   SA dagger - Tiger  

SA dagger - Tiger   SA dagger - Tiger  

SA dagger - Tiger   SA dagger - Tiger  

More Pictures of the same dagger.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA dagger - Tiger   SA dagger - Tiger  

Manufactory year and maker anyone :-)

Production time frame for Mid period transitional daggers bearing dual logos would be 1936-39
    The Producer is Lauterjung and Co. Tiger , Stahlwaren Waffenfabrik

The grip appears to be a recent made grip. Early to mid and late period grips used by this producer do not have that large triangle on the lower part of the grip,,,it appears to be homemade and the grip eagle is commonly seen on SS dagger and Chained dagger grips. There is less space in the field surrounding the swastika and wreath with all 3 periods. The grip eagle set in this grip is authentic..the grip itself IMO is not Third Reich period.

Is there a possibility to see the top and bottom of the grip?...as the dagger had already been disassembled quite few times seen on the tang nut....so 1 more time will not make a difference.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill