Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Dagger - Weltersbach

Article about: Good afternoon. You could look at this SA Dagger - Weltersbach? I compared with some already posted in this forum and considered "Very nice." I compared, including overlapping the

?

Default SA Dagger - Weltersbach

Good afternoon.

You could look at this SA Dagger - Weltersbach?
    I compared with some already posted in this forum and considered "Very nice."
    I compared, including overlapping the images, to see measures and proportion.
    All ok!

If the gruppe mark "W" guys were the elite of the SA, which are the marks applied to the crossguard? NRH? Niederrhein SA Gruppe?
    But Weltersbach produced for Niederrhein SA Gruppe?

Who signs the text of Brigadeführer?

What parameters should I watch to see if the item is good ?

I would like to thank Larry for "SA Gruppe marks known to Producers and Manufacturers Dagger" I found this forum, in this research. Phenomenal.

SA Dagger - WeltersbachSA Dagger - WeltersbachSA Dagger - WeltersbachSA Dagger - WeltersbachSA Dagger - WeltersbachSA Dagger - WeltersbachSA Dagger - WeltersbachSA Dagger - WeltersbachSA Dagger - WeltersbachSA Dagger - WeltersbachSA Dagger - WeltersbachSA Dagger - WeltersbachSA Dagger - WeltersbachSA Dagger - WeltersbachSA Dagger - WeltersbachSA Dagger - WeltersbachSA Dagger - WeltersbachSA Dagger - WeltersbachSA Dagger - WeltersbachSA Dagger - Weltersbach
    Attached Images Attached Images SA Dagger - Weltersbach  SA Dagger - Weltersbach 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger - Weltersbach
    P
    Many

Looks like Jozef Malzer's signature. This is what i found on Malzer:

Malzer, Josef geb.05.01.1902 Amberg. gest.10.10.1954 München

01.10.1935 - 20.04.1936 m.d.F.b. der SA-Jägerbrigade 84 "Chiemgau"
    20.04.1936 - 31.05.1943 Führer der SA-Jägerbrigade 84 "Chiemgau"

I think that this piece is more a parts dagger/fantasy piece. I don't like the etching on the blade.

From the info that I have - the Gruppe marks for Wilh. Weltersbach SA daggers are He, No, Wm. There could be other Gruppe marks on the crossguard but they are currently unknown to me. The 3 Gruppe marks mentioned here are the ones that I currently have.

I collect SA, SS, NSKK daggers and my advice to other collectors/starting collectors is DO NOT take your daggers apart!

Hope this info will help you a bit.

Cheers

?

Interesting dagger. Good info, Pumawerk.

?

Thank you very much.

Jozef Malzer! Ok I'll search more.

On the list Larry, the Wilh. Weltersbach SA daggers not produced for NRH.
    Great its confirmation.

The advice is even better.

?

BTW most excellent presentation of the dagger by the OP.

So this is suppose to be an early SA? horrendeous gaps, I understand wood shrinkage but wow, and not a big fan of chipping around the insignia's, repainted scabbard, bad etch, repro hanger, too many red flags for me, of course I could be completly wrong, some parts look original but there are books out there that explain all this.

?

All the SA dagger has these marks the inscription applied to the crossguard?
    SS dagger also feature inscription?

Etching inscribed in 1937 would have been awarded on a 1936 dagger not 33' its completely fake imo.

Other than that drope, congradulations on posting an original dagger. Change of supplier?

One thing to note though fella is pulling things apart is not a good idea and is one of the quickest ways to devalue a piece other than cleaning. I would advise buying a dagger that looks like it has never been apart as this is the first hurdle to cross to avoid a parts dagger.
    Personally I would never consider buying anything that has been or looks like it has been apart, but that's me.

Thanks for posting, matty

ps Love the vertical hanger!

?

Hello dear Matty.

I removed completely from head buy this gentleman.
    But for me, the problems of his items always end up in knowledge.

Ok.
    These items would be a Frankenstein after of the bath??? : )

Thank you friend.

Vertical hanger are actually cool.

Hi Probe, haha probably not a bad move getting rid of your gentleman from what I saw.

This dagger looks pretty original to me, some of the guys on here know all about linking the gau's with the makers so if they say its parts its parts. shame the blades ruined by the etch id avoid this one if it were me.

If I was you to be sure you don't buy a parts I would try and find something which haven't been taken apart.

I gave up collecting SA daggers a few years back in favour of the earlier Luftwaffe daggers. However SA daggers are a beautiful dagger, one of the first about and full of history as they saw in the rise of the Nazi party.

Best matty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast