Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SA Dagger - Worth Buying?

Article about: Hello Everyone, I've been looking to buy a SA Dagger for a while. I've been offered this one for 350 euro. What worries me is the blade - its marked ( I've marked a couple on the pictures wi

?

Default Re: SA Dagger - Worth Buying?

Quote by AlecH View Post
    Hi Scot,
    Your last posting has calmed me down, I had my boots on ready to leave the house, decided to look again at the thread. The fact is, tomorrow I'm going to the biggest Military fair in Bavaria at Reichertshofen, I'll see what they have on offer - condition and price. it would be a bit foolish to buy the dagger today, without looking whats on offer tomorrow. Thanks for the advice - blood pressure is normal again.
    Cheers
    Keep me/us informed if there will be fair prices, I think that time is over....

Br Pzb14

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger - Worth Buying?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by AlecH View Post
    Hi Scot,
    Your last posting has calmed me down, I had my boots on ready to leave the house, decided to look again at the thread. The fact is, tomorrow I'm going to the biggest Military fair in Bavaria at Reichertshofen, I'll see what they have on offer - condition and price. it would be a bit foolish to buy the dagger today, without looking whats on offer tomorrow. Thanks for the advice - blood pressure is normal again.
    Cheers
    Alec glad i caught you before you spend hard earned cash on this below average dagger, even for 350 euro i would not buy this SA as i have been there before & regreted buying such bad condition daggers, i hope you find a nice SA dagger at the militaria fair mate but if not save up a little more euros for a peice you will be happy with for years to come
    Cheers Scott.

?

Hi Alec , i hope you don`t feel mislead by my post ! My comments were based on the price the dagger was being offered for , and i assumed that was all you wished to pay! Of course the more you pay the better you get ( you don`t get a Bentley for the price of a Ford Cortina ) The dagger you show is an honest original dagger , offered at a price based on it`s condition , and perhaps would be a good starter piece for someone on a budget who wanted a real one . Good luck in you`re search and i hope you find a nice example , please post pics when you get one , i look forward to seeing it

cheers Al

?

Hi Everyone,
    Al, it's no problem, I'm thankful for all your informative posts, after all what do I know about daggers - jacksh*t. At Reichertshofen the SA daggers were priced around 500 - 700 euro, some of the more ornate ones - engraved blades & scabbards started usually at 1000 euro going north. Prices I find at military fairs are across the board marked up, seldom do you find anything cheap. I went to two dealers who I know and trust in the hope they had something for me - they didn't at the moment, but will look out. I decided to wait until they find something, rather than risk of buying a lemon. It won't be cheap but will be right.
    Regards

?

I've just back from Reichertshoffen, and unfortunately we don't meet there. I've meet first day the dealer who don't go the messe, and the prices was around of 350-500 eur.
    That messe was not a cheap as I've thought, but I found some of the interesting stuff, even got a good discount from a friends who are the dealers.
    Offtop, also got some very nice boards from Administration and Wehrbesitzkommando VII
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by SWEEZZ View Post
    a peice you will be happy with for years to come
    Cheers Scott.
    scott mate you sure will be thats a killer dagger you have showed here top work

?

Quote by Ewan Stirling View Post
    scott mate you sure will be thats a killer dagger you have showed here top work
    Ewan thanks , heres another minty peice from the collection to show how the blade should look compared to the early Krebs SA Alec was thinking about buying.
    Cheers S..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger - Worth Buying?   SA Dagger - Worth Buying?  

SA Dagger - Worth Buying?  

?

Heres a couple of early makers with near 100% crossgraining i just sold on a few weeks back.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger - Worth Buying?   SA Dagger - Worth Buying?  

SA Dagger - Worth Buying?   SA Dagger - Worth Buying?  

Quote by SWEEZZ View Post
    Heres a couple of early makers with near 100% crossgraining i just sold on a few weeks back.
    scott another few minters top class daggers whare are you in gods country mate?

?

Quote by Ewan Stirling View Post
    scott another few minters top class daggers whare are you in gods country mate?
    Thanks again Ewan, heres another rare maker of mine thats was worth buying
    Cheers Scott.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast