Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SA Dagger - Worth Buying?

Article about: Hello Everyone, I've been looking to buy a SA Dagger for a while. I've been offered this one for 350 euro. What worries me is the blade - its marked ( I've marked a couple on the pictures wi

?

Default SA Dagger - Worth Buying?

Hello Everyone,
    I've been looking to buy a SA Dagger for a while. I've been offered this one for 350 euro. What worries me is the blade - its marked ( I've marked a couple on the pictures with grey half circle) rubbing my finger tips along the length of the blade - it feels smooth, without any indentations, if it had been re-polished, one would feel hollows on the blade. I'm at a loss what to do, am I being too fussy and worrying over small things to much, the dagger is after all over 70 yrs old and the price not too exorbitant. What do members think?
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger - Worth Buying?   SA Dagger - Worth Buying?  

SA Dagger - Worth Buying?   SA Dagger - Worth Buying?  

Attached Images Attached Images SA Dagger - Worth Buying? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger - Worth Buying?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SA Dagger - Worth Buying?

it looks fine to me

the blade is modifyed.

the top of the blade seens broken and someone gives a new finish.

Zable
    ?

The blade certainly has had some work done to it at one point in it's life.

By comparison to the top pic, the blade tip is blunt, upwards slightly from the tip, and to the right on your pic is also out of shape too.

Definately a broken and damaged blade at some point in it's life. Maybe even in more than one place.

?

Hi Alec , that`s an original SA dagger that has great matching patination to all the nickel fittings and looks great , the scabbard looks good also with no dings and all screws present . It`s a real shame that the blade has been re tipped and is not in the best condition .The crossguard is stamped Sw representing the gau area of Sudwest , or Baden and Wurttemberg . If you can live with the blade , it`s a decent example .

cheers Al

?

Hello Al,
    Thanks for the posting. I'm going for it - for 350 euro I can live with the blade.
    Cheers Mate

?

nice one Alec

cheers Al

?

Alex the blade is the most important part of the dagger because thats where the value is & this Krebs blade is in very poor condition it has been mega buffed & polished maybe even sanded down at some point in its life also the point tip has been broken off then rounded of it should be needle sharp, i would not pay 350 euro for this dagger please re-think & save your money for a much better example as you will find it real hard to sell this dagger on when the time comes trust me i,ve been there mate.
    Regards Scott. p.s heres a pic of one of my recent SA buys please note blade condition, you,ll feel much happier with a nice conditioned peice.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger - Worth Buying?   SA Dagger - Worth Buying?  

SA Dagger - Worth Buying?   SA Dagger - Worth Buying?  

?

Well it's a matter of price, pay 350€ for one to keep, but never will sell again, or pay 600++ for a perfect one...

br Pzb14

?

Hi Scot,
    Your last posting has calmed me down, I had my boots on ready to leave the house, decided to look again at the thread. The fact is, tomorrow I'm going to the biggest Military fair in Bavaria at Reichertshofen, I'll see what they have on offer - condition and price. it would be a bit foolish to buy the dagger today, without looking whats on offer tomorrow. Thanks for the advice - blood pressure is normal again.
    Cheers

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast