Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA Dienstdolch

Article about: Hello, Is this a original dagger? Thanks in advance. Jim

Default SA Dienstdolch

Hello,
    Is this a original dagger? Thanks in advance.
    Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dienstdolch   SA Dienstdolch  

SA Dienstdolch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dienstdolch
    P
    Many

Default re: SA Dienstdolch

All original and all early period NSKK as a matter of fact. Due to the photos the blade itself is distressed as it looks like it has been heavily cleaned and the blade looks somewhat "bent' towards the tip. ...( could be the lighting ) I would like to see better pics of the reverse side of the blade and the front also. Normally on early SA/NSKK daggers,, there would be a gruppe mark on the lower crossguard,, as there is none visible in your 3rd photo. Once in a great while and ( quite rarely ) this will happen,, as this dagger may have been overlooked during the stamping process. A photo of the tang nut area would put to rest any doubt on my part that the crossguard was switched out. The dagger in your photo is a Rohm honor dagger, and is one of the reasons why I want to see the reverse side to see if any dedication inscription was left on the blade. Overall an original early example,, but the blade condition takes away from its value. Nice!! Regards Larry

?

maker mark close to the cross guard so the inscription would fit

Larry and colt45...Thanks for the reply

Jim